Katz's Grill (Highlands, NJ)

Good review. How many of us have been in a similar situation (well, maybe not quite That bad:) and then kicking yourself all the way home for putting up with it? Raise your hands.

1 Like

Wanted to post an update:

The day after posting the review and sharing it to the Highlands Facebook page (where it promptly exploded into a maelstrom of people both attacking and defending me, and insults being thrown around between one another like you would not believe), the worker in question (not Dottie-- she passed away several years ago I learned) in this review reached out to me to apologize, and actually invited both of us to come in so she could apologize in person. She was horrified at her behavior and says she always uses gloves and does not know what happened on this day. She added that the owners were furious. I accepted her apology, said I appreciated her reaching out, and wished her luck with the owners.

2 Likes

The power of the pen…(or keyboard) !!! By chance can you share a link to the facebook page review you did, I would enjoy reading that sh*t show. While it’s not up to me to accept her apology I will just say, generally when you observe people during the mundane routine of their jobs, you tend to see their true work ethic. Just sayin’…congrats again though on getting some “results”.

3 Likes

It was removed due to the nastiness of the comments.

I wish I had screenshotted it like I had planned. There were some real gems on there.

1 Like

My personal favorite is when someone called me a “fancy pants tool bag” who needed to “go back to Starbucks”.

(Not that it matters, but, I hate Starbucks)

1 Like

Hahahahahahaaaa I would love for that to be the nastiest thing people have called me in life. (careful now if you anger me on here I will be calling you that) Gotta love the internet.

2 Likes

The remarks directed at me were generally profanity-free. Generally. There were many questioning my professionalism, some saying I was only looking to get views, several calling it a “hit piece” and that I came to Highlands looking to slander someone. This was funny because I posted an overwhelmingly positive review of Bay Ave Cafe (located down the street in Highlands) to the same page just days before.

I did not engage in any comments, except to post just one blanket statement towards the end of the day. To summarize, I basically said it is not my profession, it is a hobby. Also, that because I make little to no money off the blog, it does not matter if a review gets 5 or 5000 views. Also, that it is my/our own money I/we spend when eating out, not “the company’s” or from some benefactor/sponsors. I have no motivation besides my own experience to praise or criticize a restaurant.

Make no mistake, I would says opinions were evenly split. There were plenty who agreed with my assessment of this place’s cleanliness (“They had roaches 30 years ago”, etc). It was especially funny when several people tried to pull the “You’re not from Highlands if you don’t like Katz’s!” only to be met by others from Highlands who dislike the place immensely.

3 Likes

@NotJrvedivici, Please remember this if you do name tags or place cards for the soul kitchen HoDown.

4 Likes

Everyone gets tough on the internet. I call people all day long at work and when you get them on the phone they run away with their tail between their legs. Maybe I just sound like randy the macho man savage! Snap into a slimjim

Greg who removed the comments? Forgive my Facebook ignorance. Did FB remove the content?

2 Likes

Just visited Et Al today. We had an excellent experience. Two very solid sandwiches, and homemade potato chips which were to die for. Full review coming tomorrow (most likely).

1 Like

Good to hear. Standing by and I will try to get down there soon