Just in time for Ballantine's Day ;-D

2 Likes

"The breaking point came when Mr. Motamedi started a fire while trying to make a cornbread with duck fat and orange gastrique for a friend’s dinner party. “I looked at her through the smoky haze in the apartment and said, ‘Do I still make it?’” he said. Ms. Greer emphatically said no. They brought wine to dinner instead.

They have since broken up, though they remain close friends. Mr. Motamedi has carried hard-won lessons about how to be thoughtful when he cooks or bakes for his new partner. Recently, he made her pizza. “I got sauce on the walls,” he said. “But I wiped it as I was cooking. I did learn.”

Using the conjugal bed to proof bread?

Yeah, no.

3 Likes

“I was like, ‘At least something’s rising in this bed.’””

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

tEEdq58

4 Likes

HEY! I just copied and pasted! The woman interviewed in the article said it and the NYT printed it. :rofl: More power to her!

3 Likes

Ballantine’s Day? Do they still make that beer? :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh, is that a beer, too? I thought it was a blended whiskey of sorts. I just remember the old ashtrays in the bowling alleys of the 70s. I wasn’t of drinking age at the time :joy:

Isn’t the new thing Galentine?

February 13

I read the comments: one man explained his system:

If his wife cooks, then he cleans the kitchen.

If he cooks, HE CLEANS THE KITCHEN! HA HA

2 Likes

Galentine, Palentine… 's all good. We may have our grass widower buddy over for a fancy meal tomorrow.

1 Like

Looks like they still make it: Ballantine 16oz Cans - Miller Brewing Company - Buy Craft Beer Online - Half Time Beverage | Half Time

3 Likes