JOCEF 2017 Gala - 3/27/17 @ Navesink CC

Though I am sure many of you know, the Joe Romanowski Culinary Education Foundation (JOCEF) Gala is next Monday (3/27) at the Navesink Country Club, Middletown, NJ. I went to this event last year and it is by far the best “tasting” event I’ve ever attended. Tickets are $105 and the confirmed restaurant participants include the following:
Ama Ristorante
B2 Bistro + Bar
The Bistro at Red Bank
Cafe Mumford’s
Danny’s Steakhouse
D’jeet?
Drew’s Bayshore Bistro
Graze Restaurant
Kitch Organic
Lusty Lobster
Piccola Italia
Porcini
Raven and the Peach
Salt Creek Grille
Sickles Market
Teak
Trama’s Trattoria
Tuzzio’s
The Vintage Cake
Yumi

I hope to see some of you there supporting this wonderful cause that pays tribute to and honors the memory of a Jersey Shore culinary pioneer and mentor to many great local chefs.

http://www.culinaryjoe.org/

2 Likes

Please correct me if I remember wrong, but wasn’t this event also on a Monday last year?

Again I really want to go, but Mondays are my worst and longest day of the week. Sorry my friend, I would have loved to meet you there.

1 Like

I believe it was. I would assume they do so in order to accommodate the restaurants. I’m sorry you can’t make it but I’m sure we will catch up soon.

Duh! I’m an idiot :grinning:

1 Like

@bgut1 I keep meaning to ask…how was this? I think they sound like a terrific organization but it’s hard to find out a lot more about how they operate and I haven’t heard much about the event since it took place.

@CurlzNJ - This was the second one I attended and I find the restaurant attendees and the food to be very good. In fact, I would say it is the best “tasting” event I’ve attended save for maybe the Culinary Classic when it was held at the Mill in Spring Lake ( I haven’t been to one since it moved to Doolans). As for JOCEF, I believe the foundation provides scholarships for the Brookdale CC Culinary Program.

1 Like

Thanks! You’re right about the scholarships; that’s what I thought was great. Good to hear it’s a worthwhile event…maybe I’ll get there next year.

1 Like

Thanks to having had dinner at Drew’s last night, I went down the rabbit hole on his website and read about his connection to Joe, the chef whose passing inspired the creation of JOCEF.

I see their gala event is set for Monday, March 25th. Anyone planning to go? I’m thinking it might be fun, and certainly a worthwhile cause… more details here: