Jennifer's in Yorktown, NY

My husband and I had an enjoyable dinner at Jennifer’s on Saturday. This place is like a relic of a bygone era. My husband loves German food so we have mostly stuck to that in the few times we’ve gone though they do have some more traditional American options. This most recent time he started with herring and beet salad and I had a delicious cream of mushroom soup. Their entrees all come with a green salad which is a nice sort of old fashioned touch. I had bratwurst with sauerkraut and potatoes with a side of potato pancakes and applesauce. My husband had smoked pork loin with sauerkraut and potatoes. All hearty and delicious. The schnitzel at the next table looked straight out of a place we ate at in Frankfurt this summer so I think that’ll be my next meal. Dessert was a decadent ice cream parfait layered with hot fudge, whipped cream, and kirsch. The decor is out of the 80s but the service is friendly and they are filling many happy bellies based on the completely full house that night. Mixed crowd, too, not just an older set. Glad to have this place only ten minutes from our new home.

3 Likes

Thanks, Ice Cream!! I sometimes enjoy the old fashioned places where they give you a salad and sides! And I love potato pancakes. Congrats on the new home! Have you been to Turco’s?

Sounds good! One of the few remaining German-style restaurants in the area. Nice location along the Croton Reservoir…