Japanese Basque Cheesecake

I prefer a Basque styled cheesecake. Less fuss and very tasty. I bake a 6 inch round or minis for company and get my cheesecake fix without overdoing it. I don’t bother with caramelizing sugar though. Save that for flan.

This recipe link that I follow never fails me.

2 Likes

Were*

I feel the recipe strays a bit too far from basuku cheesecakes recipe. When he first started he posted the techniques and ingredients he used and I believe there were only 3-5 ingredients, and it was the ingredients and technique that distinguished himself from others.

Actually, he still has protips here but I can’t find the original ingredient list:

Stray it may. The recipe I linked to works beautifully. The history behind that version does not align with yours, true. Adaptations are constant. I’m just as guilty…I adapt to my own taste preference, access to ingredients and time invested. Egg custards comes to mind.

1 Like

I was referencing poster chiel’s post.

1 Like

Were you able to find the recipe you refined? Your cheesecake looks much closer to Basuku and they don’t ship anymore! Do you remember baking at a different temperature than the link?

1 Like

Also still interested in this @chiel :slight_smile:

(post deleted by author)