Japan Trip. Some Memorable Meals.

We very much enjoyed our recent trip to Japan, various cities in Kyshu and ending in Osaka. Sharing more meals and pictures, enjoy!

Most memorable meal of the trip at Ju-An. A Shabu Shabu restaurant, specializing in Kurobuta Pork. Shabu Shabu, Grilled and Tonkatsu, presentation and delivery was flawless. We indulged in quite a bit of Kyshu pork this trip, this was easily the BEST.

We shared the Shabu Shabu set and the Traditional set. The attention to detail was incredible. A beautiful array of six Herbs to enhance the meal to come.

The Pork and Vegetables for the Shabu Shabu.

Our table was soon overflowing with beautiful dishes and delicacies from land and sea.

We opted for Ramen over Congee to finish our Shabu Shabu. An hourglass to precisely time the Ramen soak to ensure maximum enjoyment, love it!!!

No room left for dessert. Ok, we forced ourselves.

We are already planning to return to Kagoshima/Kyshu asap. Ju-An restaurant is definitely on our MUST repeat list.

8 Likes

Wandered into a Mom n’ Pop neighborhood restaurants one lazy Sunday afternoon.

I ordered the Zaru Udon set with Aji (Horse Mackeral) Tempura. Our server advised they were out of Aji already, and offered a “Sashimi” instead. It’s almost impossible to go wrong with any food in Japan, I readily agreed to the substition.

I do not recall having Chilled Udon before. Lightly flavored slightly chewy Udon, mix with Green Onion/Yuzu/Wasabi. Delicious. The “Sashimi” was a Shoyu based house sauce marinated fish. Different, and enjoyable. The always delicious Japanese Rice with Pickled Mustard Greens was a familiar taste and also delicious.

DW ordered Oyakodon, “Parent and Child”, Chicken and Egg over Rice. Her set came with Miso Soup and also Mustard Greens.

A good simple meal in a relaxing neighborhood setting. Service was gracious, dad had helmed the bar for many decades. His son was our server, very friendly and helpful.

Two semi-serious dudes had sat down next to us during our lunch. Had not acknowledged us at all, seemingly intent on their conversation and meal.

As we got up to leave, the gentleman on the right smiled and said in English: “Have a Good Day!!!”
That simple gesture put a big smile on my face!

10 Likes