James on Main - Hackettstown, NJ

Thanks @Metsfan86! The Jamon was excellent and went great with the wood fired maitake mushrooms and pecorino Romano.

1 Like

Continuing my birthday weekend, we enjoyed another sensational dinner at James on Main. Below are details and pictures in the main WFD thread.

2 Likes

We enjoyed another magnificent dinner at James on Main. Details and pictures in the main WFD link below.

1 Like

I don’t get out that way much, but I went to Ort Farms for some fresh berries a couple weeks ago and then to the Long Valley Pub for lunch. I plan to return for more and will check out James on Main,

1 Like

I highly recommend it. It is well worth the trip. The food and service are top notch.

1 Like

What Gulf are they from? I’ve lived on the Gulf of Mexico all my life and no prawns but very large brown and white shrimp.

I’m sorry I don’t know what Gulf they are from but they were huge. They were just described as wood fired Gulf prawns on the menu.

1 Like

We enjoyed another fabulous dinner at James on Main. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

Never had blue rare American Bison and have never seen it on a menu here … How would you rate it in comparison to blue rare Black Angus ? Are they similar in taste ?

Looks like a dynamic lunch or dinner …

Have a lovely summer.

1 Like

Thank you!
It was very good and had a nice char to it. I had it prepared medium rare. It is pretty similar to a black angus steak.

1 Like

I have not seen it here but may be the Michelin Chefs are working with it …

I have to ask about …

Curious.

1 Like

We enjoyed another phenomenal dinner at James on Main. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

3 Likes

We enjoyed another spectacular dinner at James on Main. Details and pictures are in the main WFD link below.

2 Likes

Mrs. P enjoyed a fabulous birthday dinner at James on Main. Details and pictures are in the main WFD link below.

4 Likes

Happy birthday to Mrs P!

1 Like

Thank you @Metsfan86 ! I’ll convey the message to Mrs. P.

1 Like
1 Like

Wow you really love this place. Your pictures are really nice! We had high expectations due to your reviews, but we were kind of disappointed. First off, I didn’t like that our table was between 2 tables and were so close together. Anyway, we got the 3-course. I thought that there would be shaved pieces of truffles in the mushroom bisque, but more like grated as I could hardly see them. It didn’t look like your picture and definitely not worth another $20. Then the tuna crudo, the grapefruit kind of ruined it, I couldn’t even remember what the tuna tasted like. I liked the pork belly though. The duck confit was good, but then the watercress puree that came with it was so bitter. The miso glazed black cod, well, the skin was not crispy (maybe it wasn’t supposed to be), but I couldn’t taste the miso either. The dish was just ok. The best miso black cod I’ve ever tasted was at Nobu. The wood fired shrimp was good. I might give this place another chance, maybe try the other dishes.

2 Likes