Jacques Pepin on CBS

The 11/24 episode of CBS Sunday Morning includes a segment with Jane Pauley accompanying Chef Pepin in the grocery store and his Connecticut kitchen. I assume this is the CBSSM annual food show.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. One of my favorites!

He’s still going strong! Working for Howard Johnson I did not know.

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder or I would’ve missed it. I enjoyed the trip down memory lane. Cute clip with Julia when she said she washed her chicken with hot water. Then Jacques with a gleam in his eye said he didn’t wash chicken. Made me smile.

2 Likes

Too little Jacques, too many eating videos. Chewing sounds are repellent to me (I learned a while back that this is a recognized condition called midophonia), and even muting the TV, watching the eaters was equally unpleasant, akin to the famous scene in the film, Tom Jones.

Living in New England, I doubt I’ll have the opportunity, but breadfruit sounds appealing and I’d be curious to try it.

M. PĂ©pin is a culinary hero to me. The man is a human Cuisinart. Any time I start to feel cocky about my knife skills I watch some of his videos to humble myself. I learn something every time. My standards for consistency and speed are driven by what he does so easily. Other celebrity chefs get more attention. M. PĂ©pin simply gives us great things and great skills.

3 Likes

Yesterday on Facebook, he posted a photo of a blackboard. It read that if you boil a funnybone, you get a laughingstock. The quip was credited to “Humerus” .

Turn it into a riddle for your holiday guests, if dinner conversation threatens to become fraught.

4 Likes