I've got a lot of lemons!

https://www.maryberry.co.uk/recipes/baking/lemon-drizzle-traybake

I’m going to make a blackcurrant lemon drizzle cake, with some frozen blackcurrants

2 Likes

Hi good morning - we have a lot of lemons too. Giving them away is always nice because it seems lemon cakes and lemon bars (my favorite) seem to return. One thing we love is to put a ton of zest and some lemon juice into pancake batter. Toss in some blueberries then and fry em up, and some maple syrup and butter on top and you’re good to go! We also love to make a sort of paste to put in pasta using bunch of lemon zest, some grated garlic, some grated parm and some olive oil (no exact measurements), then tossing hot spaghetti in it until its all mixed and smooth, super ez, no cooking of any sauce needed. Can then add chicken, peas, parsley, asparagus, whatever you like, or nothing more. Lemon curd is also an ez recipe and something that is nice to spread on all sorts of stuff - add it to the lemon pancakes for instance!

Finally, for a great lemonade or just a mixer for margueritas, throw in some raw jalapenos/habaneros cut in half into the lemonade and let it steep in fridge. it’s a spicy lemony drink that brings out the sweetness in the jalapenos and also makes great tequila shooters.

Also, be it pancakes, pie, cake, frozen desserts, blueberries seem to go so well with lemons and lemon zest.

Like garlic, it seems there’s no limit on the amount of lemon you can use!

7 Likes

@chienrouge

Love the idea of lemon-blueberry pancakes - thanks for that!

2 Likes

PS. I also add lemon juice to my pasta paste!

2 Likes

Time for citrus again! This time starting with a lot of mandarin oranges.

2 Likes

I often cut up citrus, squeeze the juices on chicken and bake them together. Gives it a great taste and makes the house smell wonderful!

6 Likes

I made tangerine jam.

Now the grapefruit (Oroblanco?), and lemons.

5 Likes

Nice!

Hosting a “Lemon Shenanigans” event on Saturday and hoping to try my hand at posset. Thanks all!

2 Likes

Great idea!

10 Likes

Go for it! Posset is stupid easy and utterly delicious. Just make sure to serve it in tiny portions as it is extraordinarily rich. Like 4 ounces per glass.

3 Likes

Agreed - I use small custard cups OR antique wineglasses.

3 Likes

Thank you and @LindaWhit !

I bought some shortbread and shelf stable mini waffles to go with, but not sure how. A wine glass might be better.

Also planning to make a pasta and preserved lemon dish. Maybe this one, but with cavatappi.

I am overthinking this! It’s only three people.

3 Likes

I can do the same thing for when it’s just myself. LOL

2 Likes

@LindaWhit @pilgrim and others.

We did not end up making posset with the froup this morning, but I was thinking of making it now. I don’t have “caster sugar”, nor double cream, which all the recipes seem to call for. I have “heavy whipping cream” and granulated sugar. Can i sub? Do Ineed to pulse the sugar?

This recipe uses United States ingredients.

You just need heavy cream and granulated sugar.

2 Likes

Thank you! I might try Mineolas!

1 Like

A few more questions posset people! @Shellybean @LindaWhit @pilgrim. If I reduce the recipe, say by half, or change the fruit, say to tangerines or Minneolas, what might I need adjust? I’m wondering if volume in a pot, or pH might need to be accounted for.

1 Like

Will they have enough acid?

1 Like

Great minds! Ive got some lemons and some citric acid, but I’ll just use lemons (Meyer) this first time.

2 Likes