ITALIAN - Fall 2019 (Oct-Dec) Cuisine of the Quarter

Understand Barca is in Spain…
For myself, I go to my roots of cuisine of wandering Jewish tribes… I have been floored by what I have discovered in terms of ingredients and preparation…
Clearly your meals, like mine have been influenced by where we live, not necessarily where we have traveled, but keeping an eye on what we have experienced…

I have learned to like cinnamon on my chicken.

6 Likes

From my cupboard

More on the subject.

2 Likes

Is this an ad? Are you recommending these products? Did you take these beautiful photos?

I agree. half my tribe is Russian Jewish the other as I said Italian. Celebrating the foods and preparation from both cultures has never been an issue…but most def a celebration.

4 Likes

We have bought these directly from a food salon, directly from the producers. They gave us a tasting of several of their product before buying. Great on ice cream or on strawberries. 8 and 12 years.

6 Likes

Terrific post! Your foccacia looks fab.

2 Likes

Both these products, we have been buying and using and yes, my dear and I took the photographs and published.

Both the Balsamic Vinegars and the Salume, are products we purchase from these two Gentlemen.

Have a nice weekend.

1 Like

Gorgeous! Do you use AP or bread flour?

1 Like

Just to clarify I use Thai fish sauce not an eye wateringly expensive Italian verison. Need to find a better Vietnamese one but this one is readily available.
fish%20sauce

1 Like

Thanks for replying @Barca. I thought perhaps you were advertising products. Beautiful photos.

2 Likes

Papirikaboy have you ever tried red boat fish sauce?

2 Likes

Usually just unbleached AP flour.

2 Likes

Delicious!

I have tried the Squid fish sauce, good for general cooking, it is lighter in fish taste than Vietnamese one (around 25°, 30°). The higher degree (60° or more), it is better to reserve for finishing or dipping purpose.

I don’t see Red Boat in Paris, don’t know about UK.

1 Like

Lydia’s asparagus salad

And on to “afoodobsession”'s favorite dish, sausage with peppers. WOW! Looking for a tomato-less dish, and while a pale ghost of his, this was excellent. Sweet sausage, peppers, onions, potatoes, garlic, oregano, EVOO. The mains were great, and the juices superb. Smooshed into the potato and sopped up with bread.

Thank you so much, afoodobsession, we owe you!

15 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try and hunt it out.

I have had a scout round the net and it looks like it’s not available in London either but I’ll keep looking.

I am almost sure we saw it in Paris this spring. Only because I remember being bemused to find it there. Have you tried Grande Epicerie (Bon Marché)? If not there, you can buy it online, here free shipping in Metro France with €59 purchase.

1 Like

Thanks, looks like there is an importer, probably can be found in several places.

my pleasure!!! looks amazing!!