ITALIAN - Fall 2019 (Oct-Dec) Cuisine of the Quarter

Pork tenderloin with tonnato sauce, potato, tomato, caper berries

10 Likes

Three Michelin Starred Chef Heinz Beck.
*** Michelin Starred Ristorante La Pergola,
The Waldorf Astoria Hotel, Roma, Italia.
3 Of The Dishes we had on Our Anniversary dinner 2019.
There were several other dishes too.

4 Likes

Stunning dishes and photos @Barca! Happy belated anniversary :clinking_glasses:
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 Likes

Congrats!

Do you mind describing what were in all the 3 dishes? (Particularly interested in the third pasta dish.) Thanks.

2 Likes

Now that is an anniversary dinner. Best wishes for many more!

Panettones are available in shops, we got ourselves 2 and ate one already, well ahead of Christmas. Vergani cafe panettone with chocolate chips. Not very sweet and light and fluffy, the cafe brioche is delicious, like especially the hard crust with some icing sugar at the side contrasts with the moist cake. The 2 of us finished it in less than a day!

More here on panettone:

@Bookwich has posted a NYT recipe if anybody wants to bake one.

6 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

You outdid us! We broke one open a week ago and still have maybe a fifth. We bought another one yesterday. One shouldn’t run out before Christmas!

I made one several years ago. Tedious but not difficult. The only problem is in the cooling and unmolding. Because the bread/cake is so delicate, you hang them upside down until they are cool rather than let them cool “standing up” as they would collapse onto/into themselves. I finally asked husband to help me, without describing the delicacy of the product at hand, and he kind of manhandled it…but the misshapened product was delicious nevertheless.

2 Likes

ditto ! Happy anniversary !

1 Like

It’s Panettone but is it Italian?

1 Like

But what was for desert?

1 Like

$60 ?! Wow! It looks good but too expansive!!

Makes Pierre Hermé’s panettones a great bargain!!
https://www.pierreherme.com/panettone-aux-marrons.html

I have hidden the second one in the pantry, if not it would have been gone by now!! Mister can’t resist…

3 Likes

In shops, sometimes I see pandoro and wonder the difference with panettone. Pandoro is from Verona with more butter while panettone is from Milano with candied fruits or raisins. Next time will try to get the pandoro if I see that!!

2 Likes

Emporio Ruilli in Larkspur, CA, has some of the best domestic panettone and pandoro. Not cheap, like $20-25 10 years ago, but absolutely top quality, as good as you can get in Italy.

1 Like

“Porchetta”

12%20AM

16 Likes

That looks delicious.

1 Like

Thank you very much …

Quite amazing …

Have a lovely evening.

1 Like

Thank you very much for all your kind wishes.

Shall provide the ingredients of the fresh spinach and egg ribbon pasta dish. Simple ingredients.
Parmigiani aged 24 months, pine nuts and sun dried tomato in strips … Olive Oil … However I shall look up the récipe !!

It is quite late (23.15) and I need to look at my notes I had taken to remember all …

Shall come on earlier tomorrow and provide …

Good night for now.

Superbly splendid …

Ha Ha …

I use a Pannitonne for a Spanish style French Toast !
Instead of milk and butter, we use Evoo and semi sweet White or Red wine, and sauté the pannetonne slices – we dip in egg first and sprinkle with a bit of sugar and cinammon. IT IS CALLED A TORRIJA …

3 Likes