ISO Vancouver/Richmond Dim Sum

What places do you like? Could go cart or menu, so long as they bring the food hot! We are trying to use our Nexus to our advantage. Last couple times in CA we stopped at Asian mall food courts and had some very adequate dumplings and noodles, but it’s time for a legit dim sum place again with all its offerings.

2 Likes

Kirin
Chefs choice
Golden paramount

5 trips up to Canada then!

2 Likes

Aside from dim sum I think vijs and st Lawrence are can’t miss restaurants in Vancouver

For Chinese food…from Dim Sum to hole-in-the-wall to fine dining in Vancouver and surrounding areas. This is the BEST and most reliable source/guide out there!!

1 Like

Thanks. We are nearby, and now that we have Nexus, we can drive up for lunch as a to-do on the weekends. This time around we are craving dim sum though. What’s St Lawrence? I’ve been to Vij’s although years ago.

Thanks I will peruse. Looks like a blog with lot of videos rather than a straight ahead guide with categories? I.e. arranged by date rather than by subject? Or is there a way to target what you want to know?

A French/québécois style restaurant offering tasting menu. A must visit imo they also recently received a Michelin star if that matters

1 Like

Note to self to tuck it away for a special occasion. So are you local(ish) to this area? Asking bc there are just a handful of us in the PNW on HO as far as I know. Would be nice to swell the ranks.

1 Like

I am not but I travel to Vancouver one to two times a year to visit family there so I have a decent familiarity with the food.

1 Like

Dynasty for Dim Sum & Cantonese, Max Noodle best Congee, Landmark best Hot Pot …

I need to get up there this summer, it’s been too long :yum:

1 Like

Thanks - links to same blog by @THECHARLES above. I think we’ll start with Dynasty.

I know, wasn’t sure if you found that page. I’d prefer a handy Eater map … have you checked if Eater has a map?

Eater has some random Asian recs in that area - not a specific article for dim sum. But looking for them is what tipped me off to Dynasty.

1 Like

This is a formal annual event with special focus on Chinese food. Receive both television and other media coverage. ( I was a member of the judging panel when this event spent a few years covering Toronto’s Chinese food landscape around 2010 )
Format of review and award is similar to the annual ‘San Pellegrino Best List’ or ‘Air Canada best Canadian restaurant list’… but more diverse and comprehensive, covering various culinary areas and Chinese regional cuisines…etc.
…interesting read!

2 Likes