Is Poké a fad?

So in search of Poké today (well stripers):

Gulls on the water:

But no bunker. Small boat was crabbing.

Pete Dawkins house:

Bon Jovis:

Didn’t get no poke today, but a nice day on the river.

I think stripers you would have to freeze before poking around. Not fond of liver parasites.

1 Like

Poke restaurants arrived likes summer wildfire to the Bay Area last year. Must be like 20 new arrivals within the last 12 months. There’s even a thread about that here.

That is just shark jumping on multiple n dimensional spaces. The quantum levels are a quiver.

It’s official if there is a poke counter at Hole Foods in Wburg:

IT’S A FAD !!!

Hold on to your macadamias Boyz n Girls…

Men har dem Poké I Sjöbo?

Det är ju frågan…

Told ya so :wink:
Trend forecasting is actually part of job in The Real World

Is spettekaka a fad?

Nej, bara ekligt.

Speaking of things worse than spettekaka, someone is trying to push Øllebrød in the food hall thread.

I don’t care if it is from Noma, it’s still Øllebrød. To quote Not JR, “Uggghhh”, or “Eeuuuww”.

Next thing you know the NY Times will be singing the praises of kroppkakor.

Aloha Kakou:

As a makana to Kaj, no try beating Hawai’ian tuna fishing or poke.

Just some brahs with da kine daily catch:

If you’ve never seen a feeding frenzy of ahi:

Can do it without a hook, too:

A small one (The big one was eaten off the hook by an a’u):

At least the a’u died happy, full of poke:

Even my aumakua gotta have poke. Feed your ancestors!

Aloha,
Kaleo

2 Likes

Awesome man !!!

It that a shark in the last shot? Shark is mighty fine eating.

Whatever you say!

As we say in Polynesia, “My grandfather ate your grandfather!”

Nice pics brah. You guys are getting it done… Might be back in January or Feb if all goes as planned.

Well hopefully with a little poi and some yams. After all you do have to eat your vegetables…

Its scary to see rather cheap and big bowl full of raw fish. makes one wonder- whats the quality of the fish?

I’m not a scientist but raw fish can be eaten by yours truly lol. So quality may not be the question…it’s about the species. I’m not advocating this but I eat raw fish and it’s not refrigerated. Yesterdays haul from my buddy. F work. I missed this trip :confused:

A new poke shop opened near me that is getting mostly great reviews and is highly recommended by old neighbors of ours who live closer to it and know good food. I’m going to try it soon, but have been reading that it is “new poke”. They serve basic fish, as in plain and unseasoned, on rice or greens but the fish is not marinated. Instead they serve it cafeteria (or Chipotle) style and you get to choose from a large number of toppings and sides. I though that traditional poke was always marinated and wonder how this style of service will affect flavor. Is this “new world” poke or just a different interpretation? Any thoughts from poke experts?

Noticed this morning that our Costco in Kansas City is now selling poke along with their premade sushi. Not selling too fast.