Invitation: Aug 20th @Noon, East Harbor Dim Sum, Sunset Park, Brooklyn

Hungry-making pics! Everything looks great, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

you and @ninkat were missed!

1 Like

Wow, great pictures. Never tried tripe, I don’t think, unless it was one of the things we ate at the Egyptian restaurant, but I don’t think so? Were there two different kinds you got (looked like that in your pictures and Jeff’s comment); will try with this crowd anyway, next time…Sorry I missed it on both food and company accounts! But I couldn’t have managed on Saturday, for sure.

Yes, tripe two ways.

Made up for the missed meal this weekend. Mostly very good. No wait other than them taking a while to clear and reset an empty table, but we went a bit on the later side (1:30ish).

Great siu mai, har gow, spare ribs, cheung fun, and taro with pork.

Less stellar - long peppers with shrimp paste (because they were ice cold), sticky rice.

Maybe because it was a bit later, some more interesting things didn’t come around until after we were finished eating (and some never did at all).

Will be back, but earlier, and hopefully with more people to share things (saw a few plates of lobster go by that looked excellent).

2 Likes

my son ran a half marathon in bay ridge last weekend and afterwards we took a cab over to east harbor. i thought the food better when we had our group meal but upon reflection, not sure the dim sum is better than manhattan-based parlors. throw in the extra 40 minutes on a subway and I’d be hard-pressed to head out here again.

having said that, the bill was about half what we typically pay and the grocery store next door sells asian cooking condiments for about 1/4 of what we pay on the ues ($1.99 for a large bottle of Squid fish sauce!) so maybe next time we need a restock, i’ll give it another try.

best,

My friend drove, but I’d agree otherwise for a 45-55 min subway excursion vs 30 mins to Manhattan Chinatown. (Also how I mostly feel about Flushing.)

We stopped by that market too. But if you’re going to M-ctown, there’s plenty of similar shopping there as well.

That said, we went to industry city after, and that was fun, including the fancy (newer) Sahadi’s among lots of other things. But again, at the end of the day we concurred that it’s a special trek not a regular thing, just too far.

I went back. I am now composed of approximately 54% har gow, 17% cheung fun, 12% liu sha bao, 10% mango pudding and 7% tea.

dim sum

5 Likes

Pro tip: Arrive at 10am, wait 0 minutes. Even with 2 parties of 9 (!).

2 Likes