India’s courts to rule on who invented butter chicken

2 Likes

Interesting. I didnt realise that Moti Mahal’s claim was disputed. I had the good fortune to twice eat at the restaurant’s short-lived outlet in London, although didnt eat the butter chicken either time.

2 Likes

Because there aren’t enough real problems in India to occupy the courts :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

This is similar to the courts in Austria ruling on whether it was the Hotel Sacher or Café Demel in Vienna that makes the authentic Sacher Torte.

2 Likes

Both incredibly important issues.

2 Likes

More background:

1 Like

Gift article.

1 Like

I’m certainly no expert on Indian dishes, but the one at Moti Mahal looks more like the versions of butter chicken I have had.

1 Like

@biondanonima thank you so much for moving this to the appropriate thread, which I forgot existed :pray:

2 Likes

Before she retired, Mrs H worked for Shell and managed a UK team having oversight of the company’s procurement systems. That team was one of a number of similar Europe-wide teams. She would represent the UK operation at regular meetings of the teams which were held in the various capital cities. I remember her coming back from a meeting in Austria with a genuine Torte - her Austrian colleague having bought one for each of the managers attending. It was delish.

1 Like

A lot of feathers ruffled, a lot of squawking, a lot of favor currying – all over a naan-issue.

8 Likes

Ahahahahaha. Good 'un!

Buttering up the judge?

4 Likes

A hard look must be taken at this effort which would seem to many to be an attempt to curry favor with said judges.

2 Likes

It’s a clucking mess of a tempest in a tiffin.

2 Likes

I had it at the Hotel Sacher in Vienna, and really enjoyed it.

2 Likes