I'm Craving. .

Reminds me of a quick story. I had a good friend / biz associate who was a prominent criminal attorney. He use to refer me many of his clients for different reasons. Often he would just call my office and say; " I have someone on their way to see you, they will be there in 20 mins" and that was all the notice I would get of a pending appointment. So one day I get the call and 20 minutes later a heavy set, sweet, older-grandmotherly woman showed up in my office wearing a moo-moo apron dress, smelling like cookie dough with her 7yo grandson in tow.

She came into my office and we discussed a few things…had a very pleasant meeting, her choice of clothing and the aroma of baking/cookie dough, reminded me of my own dearly departed grandmother.

She left my office and my curiosity was killing me, she certainly didn’t fit the mold of most referrals from my attorney friend, people who routinely represented the under belly of society. So I picked up the phone to call my friend and ask why exactly this grandma required the services of a criminal attorney like my friend…“Oh yeah she killed a bunch of people back in the 70’s…her and her husband and brother” was his reply. :scream:

No joke. Her brother was a local serial killer and was serving life in jail. Their parents had died years before and left this woman and her jailed brother a decent inheritance. The jailed brother would draw upon his inheritance from jail as needed, well one day he sent his daughter to the bank to draw on funds, and the bank informed them the account was empty, no more money. It turned out his sister (the grandma) had used all her inheritance money, then stole/took her brothers money…figuring he was in jail anyway, he would probably never know.

Well the brother found out his sister stole his money…and he decided to finally tell the whole complete truth about his murder spree, which included he often brought his victims to his sisters house, where the sister and her husband would dismember the bodies and help dispose of them. On a few occasions the husband / brother in law also committed murder…and the wife/grandmother was an accomplice in those murders as well.

15 years later and I still can’t get the image of the woman sitting in my office across my desk from me, in her moo-moo, holding her grandson smelling like fresh baked cookies and the absolute horrors she had committed hidden behind her coy loving smile.

5 Likes

What a story!! Sounds like a lifetime movie!

1 Like

lol…yeah I can tell a bunch of them about the criminals I met during that time. Your comment about “grandma’s kitchen” just brought this to mind so I figured I would share.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing - great story

1 Like

For the last week, I’ve been thinking about the Fat Darrell sandwich from the Rutgers grease truck :yum:. But I’m going to have to ignore this craving because I am no longer a drunken college student.

1 Like

You might not be one anymore but nobody can stop you from trying to act like one!!! Kegger / Toga party @_gossamer this weekend!!! Wooooo hoooo!!!

I’ll be that weird girl in the corner tending to her fat sandwich :joy:

1 Like

Wow JR…what a frigging story!

I’ve waited on way back in the day, when I waited tables at this very fancy pants place.
I remember him with his Prada loafers with no socks…

Also, 2 serial killers, I told my mgr that both these men gave me bad vibes and I refused to wait on them.

I still remember that I when I told the mgr that these are very very bad people…she told me to knock it off and after learning who these dbags were, Iater, I knew I was way more psychic and in tune than I could ever imagine.

1 Like

Craving hot out of the fryer malasadas…with lilikoi cream…
Garlic shrimp with 2 scoops and some macaroni salad
Shave ice with watermelon
Hibiscus Iced tea
Ahi Poke with seaweed salad
Hinano beer

1 Like

Craving all the phenomenonal food from da islands…

Poke
Opakapaka sandwich or lunch plàte
Lilikoi pie
Mai tais
Bikini blonde pale ale
Malasadas

Smell of burning tiki torches while in the salt water lagoon …overlooking the Pacific and the island of Lanai at sunset…with your own cocktail in a Yeti type container…oh yeah bruddha!

1 Like

After spending a few moments reading this thread: Tater Tots (Belmar to Asbury Park)

I’m craving Tots!

2 Likes

Love love love Tater Tots!

1 Like

Craving me some. . . pecan pie. . .Artic Char. . .Crab Louie. . .Grilled Octopus. . .Falafel. . .Hot Fudge Sundae

Are you pregnant? :slight_smile: that is quite a mix of cravings.

3 Likes

LOL…
No but sometimes I eat like one!
:tongue:

Yes … at 9:54 am … in the mood

4 Likes

That looks so good! Put me in the mood!

1 Like

We ate it out of the trunk of the car at the Yonkers waterfront … a Sicilian w/ pepperoni from Gino’s ( in the hood)

:frowning: reality below … what I really just ate

:cry:

1 Like

Where do you get pizza at 9:45 a.m.?? You’re so lucky.