Il Nido, Marlboro, NJ

I had 3 instances this weekend where I complained and one situation where I sent food back. I NEVER send food back. Nothing was comped or even a true apology/explanation. I’m not planning on a quick return to any of those places sadly.

2 Likes

Don’t leave us hanging. Name the offending places. I didn’t describe the details of what went wrong here because it was handled properly. But in your case…

1 Like

It’s not too surprising that your server didn’t know how to handle your complaint since many on the wait staff may not be as experienced as ours was. (He’d previously worked at upscale restaurants.) What’s most important is how the manager reacted, and your description reinforces what I said in my previous post.

She came to our table a couple of times to check on how things were going and to find out what we thought about everything, as did the owner and the chef. This was a sign to us that they value customer input and want the dining experience to be the very best it can be.

2 Likes

Rare, my kind of guy.

I would love to give this place a try, but apparently I would have to babysit either @gracieggg s child or @BossaNova in a diaper. I’m not sure how I got involved in this den of iniquity but there it is. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

You can wear a diaper if you really want but neither @gracieggg or I are changing it.

2 Likes

DITTO. Let’s do it.

92 for a 32oz porter. That’s kind of steep. Jr I think you need to tackle this and report back lol. I’ll take on the 50oz Mar Belo aged tomahawk. Then we compare notes :smile:

My math skills indicate that is a two pound steak. My recollection tells me I could have taken that on from my 16th year…to about my 30th year. After that Golden Age, FAIL.

True, I can’t eat like I used to at all but once in a while I can put some serious steaks down. The ticket for me is to not drink any beer before dinner and have something in my stomach first to get the belly ready :slight_smile: I’m sure you know this, but remember, that 32oz will have a decent size bone and depending on how the sirloin part is trimmed, it could have a few ounces of fat so your 32 Oz steak will be lighter after cooked, trimmed and deboned. Jr can easily dust this off. We’ve put down some 40 ouncers before with some sides, salad bar and bread…and some martinis :wink: …and shrimp

4 Likes

Exactly all said and done I bet you only clear 20-24oz of actual edible steak. (that’s being pretty generous)
The Pour House has a boneless 24oz Kansas City Strip that I still polish off every now and then. I could do it!! (but won’t!)

2 Likes

Yeah I completely agree. That is why I’m saying 92 is a steep price for a steak served in a central NJ strip mall. If it is an epic steak, I’ll splurge, but this is vegas, nyc, Chicago steak house pricing.

I just don’t want to jump off the bridge first. I truly hope is amazing and I’ll pay it.

I believe fiorentina (florentine) steaks are cooked over wood too (traditional Italian.) I wonder if they cook on wood. If so, they would definitely raise their stock in my book!

1 Like

That explains everything! :relieved:

The most outrageous to me was I ordered shashuka at Reyla’s and 2 out of 3 eggs were completely raw. I asked for it to go back in until the whites were done. The bartender told me that this is the ‘chef’s design’ and the eggs will cook through. I waited a couple minutes and nope still raw so I sent it back. It came back and the yoke were burnt and completely hard.

4 Likes

So, he tried to tell you the chef designed a dish with two eggs raw and one cooked. Interesting concept.

There’s no reason or excuse for not properly cooking eggs except laziness and not caring.

4 Likes

The third was barely cooked but wasn’t 100% raw. I was also the only person in the restaurant eating at that moment.

2 Likes

UGH, UGH, UGH. And not the response I’d expect at Reyla, either.

1 Like

I know. I was/am sad, but on the plus my cocktail was perfect.

ALWAYS!! I was there last week…I just can’t resist the Hey Reyla.

The website now has prices (though not the charcuterie board).

1 Like