Il Nido, Marlboro, NJ

I have been there several times and have a reservation tonight at 8 for dining inside. In the past I have noticed that they are more attentive to their “regulars”. I will let you know how things go.

6 Likes

Totally agree :+1:

3 Likes

I am also there @ 8 tonight for a Cabana could get interesting

3 Likes

The food has always been great - I’ve just lowered my service expectations. I hope you enjoy your experience.

3 Likes

So maybe I should stop reading posts on IL Nido today as I am getting worked up about their caste system.
I was looking forward to going back after a year away but now not so much.

5 Likes

I’m sure if you focus on the food you will be very happy. The menu looks so good.

3 Likes

Completely understand, but I hope you can go and ENJOY what I’m sure will be a good dinner!

2 Likes

Thanks but the anger level is rising I’m too old for BS
Besides Joe Rogan is a “ celebrity “ ? IMO he’s an asshole
Just saying.

6 Likes

I’m eating my leftovers as I type this and it’s so so good even cold! Enjoy dinner!

5 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

Regarding them being more attentive to regulars: You mean like waiving the corkage fee as mentioned above?

1 Like

I get that all types of businesses might be more attentive to regulars but don’t make it obvious and customers should keep quiet about special favors. I have stayed away from businesses when I felt I was not treated as an equally valued customer.

4 Likes

Sorry for continuing OT but it is NJ consumer law that contractor give you a written estimate over $500. The one time I didn’t ask for one was the time I had trouble. https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/News/Consumer%20Briefs/hiring-home-improvement-contractors.pdf

2 Likes

So how did the mini ho down go?

Agree and what I live by

2 Likes

So we were seated promptly in the cabana, it was a tent in a parking lot within 10 feet of parked cars and had a view of automobiles & a shuttered tile store. It was adequately heated . Note that I’m not a fan of eating in strip mall parking lots even under ideal circumstances not to mention it was 37 degrees when we were seated.
I immediately informed the Waiter of a friends lack of service last night and to please be aware we’re going to want drinks refills & desert.
We received excellent service.
I am a bit challenged and haven’t figured out how to post pictures of our meals but most of you already know what they look like.
The wine list was disappointing so girlfriend had their version of an Aperol spritz she enjoyed it &had 2.
Due to medical issues I passed on cocktails and beer.
She had the Bronzino which was one of the specials, she said it wasn’t the best she ever had & preferred Chef Ashes of Lemon more.
It came with a side of crispy potatoes her plate looked very bare with only the Bronzino filet and a small amount of cauliflower?Not sure what it was but looked sad.
I was looking forward to a veal chop but it wasn’t available so I had the Waygu short ribs & the Neapolitan gnocchis both were very good, the beef plate also had some greens & to my delight a few anchovies in the mix
Desert was an okay bread pudding & a less than adequate chocolate torta.
The latte & Cappuccino were ok.
Without tip the tab was as expected.
I don’t think this place warrants his prices, based on location & execution.
The menu is not reflective of what I like eating.
I don’t see me returning anytime soon.
As an aside, I took a party of 10 here a year ago.
We ate inside it was lovely .Food , service etc
We also found out that David the waiter came with the building.
He worked for Brioso when they occupied the space.
He was the one who waited on Joe Rogan the night before, hope David was vaccinated & not with ivermectin.

5 Likes

I have to say that our dinner at IL NIDO last night was a very positive experience. We had a reservation for 4 at 8 PM inside and we were seated very close to that time. The guys checked out the cabanas and were impressed by how good they looked. We were seated in the dining room with the fireplace and the noise level was fine. This was our third time here and our friends first.
Our waiter, David, took good care of us and let us set the pace for the meal which was long and leisurely. We started with a bottle of wine which our friends picked and they commented that the price versus retail was quite reasonable. We had Honey Nut soup, Burrata , Roman gnocchi and Cauliflower as our appetizers. Our mains were Black spaghetti, Grilled Duck, Crab Encrusted Halibut, and a chicken dish. For dessert we shared the bread pudding and a second fruit based dessert whose name eludes me. While everything was very good, our favorites were the Burrata , the duck and the halibut. Joe, the owner, stopped by to chat and was very pleasant. We will definitely be going back.

5 Likes

Oh completely. We know we are well within our rights for a contract. The response was bizarre but thrilled he let his crazy out before the job started!!!

1 Like

I think that @Foodsnob picked the ideal dining situation while dining at Il Nido (except for dining on a Saturday night, which we only did once, and never again, because they were slammed, and we were rushed). We dine on Sundays now when the service is not as harried. The key to a pleasurable dinner at Il Nido is to plan in advance. The best dining room is the one with the fireplace, which is where the owner Joseph sits (in the corner by the window on the Fireplace side). I would also request David as our server. You are guaranteed to get the best service in the room where the owner sits and overlooks everything. Other tips are that you should ask for your bread toasted instead of provided cold by default. They will toast it with butter and it is delicious. You can also request half portions of pasta. As long as you are fully vaccinated, and have no other health restrictions or fears, I would advise dining indoors for the best dining experience, as opposed to outdoors in a parking lot, in the freezing cold, no matter how nice the cabanas are.

3 Likes

Voice of experience. Thanks.

2 Likes