if you prick me, do I not bleed white sauce? Medo Halal Cart, UES

my doctor asks the same questions every time: how often do you drink, do you smoke, do you take drugs. He approvingly nods after each answer and I happily bask in affirmation of my healthly lifestyle and good judgment. But I just can’t quite get away from the notion that someday he’s going pause, think about my answers, and ask “And how often do you eat at halal carts”. I’m pretty sure that’s not going to be a pleasant conversation.

Anyhow, my wife was coaching tennis tonight which left me to choose the type of dinner spot where were she around, she’d have said “no” or more likely “are you crazy, definitely not” or, in the case of a place like the Medo Halal Cart, “you’ll be hearing from my lawyers tomorrow”.

Honestly, I can’t tell the difference betwen a lot of the better halal carts but Medo has some unique spicing on their chicken, probably nothing more than an unusual paprika, but it’s absolutely delicious. The rice is fluffy, standard issue white and hot sauce, the chickpeas a nice touch.

$8 for a mess of food. if you go, I strongly suggest you avert your eyes from the cooking process and in fact the entire cart. The proper frame of mind is to imagine you’re dealing with a black box, pay your money and out pops a delicous meal. At least that’s what I keep telling my wife.

best,

6 Likes