I'd like to change my username please.

Hi. I just signed up to Hungry Onion and thought “Never shown to the public” pertained to the username rather than the email address. I assumed I’d be asked for my “handle” before being accepted to the group. How do I go about changing my username before doing any posting and commenting?

Thanks.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. You need a moderator to assist and I’ve flagged your post for their attention.

4 Likes

Thanks John. gailo’s username has been changed.

1 Like

Thanks, Kim.

Flavourgal is a much more evocative name. I think she’ll fit in well. Not least as she spells “flavour” correctly. :grinning:

8 Likes

I noticed the misspelling, but resisted the temptation to change it.

5 Likes

British English

1 Like

Yes, we Canadians use British English. Delighted to join this forum.

3 Likes

I’d assumed you must be either a fellow Briton or someone from a Commonwealth country. Welcome.

John

1 Like

What part of Canada?

the non-French speaking parts . . .

1 Like

I’d visited the States several times before my first visit to Canada. Light-heartedly, I asked Canadian contributors on a forum I played on for tips - so as not to fall into the trap of regarding the country as “America light”. I still remember the main points of the advice:

• the national sport is hockey, not baseball.

• ask for the washroom, not the restroom

• and, of course, it’s “zed”, not “zee”.

It served me well. :grinning:

6 Likes

So, how often did you have to use “zed” in any conversations while there?

3 Likes

Oddly enough, zed/zee never cropped up in conversation. :grinning:

The washroom/restroom did. I forgot once and asked where the restroom was. Was told, somewhat pointedly I thought, that the men’s washroom was on the left.

And as for hockey. Bah! On our second night, there was a major match on. Fans celebrated. With exuberance. Setting off the hotel’s fire alarm system at one in the morning, by hitting one of the glass break points. We’re out on the street for well over 30 minutes till the fire brigade deemed it safe.

I recently read a somewhat tongue in cheek article in which someone defined a Canadian as “an unarmed American with health care”. I rather like that as a definition of our Commonwealth cousins.

10 Likes

Somewhat? :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I live in Toronto and grew up in Montreal.

2 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes