I don't really feel like eating tonight - but I will

This is why:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/poet-tony-walsh-longfella-manchester-vigil_uk_592470e4e4b03b485cb5a7b4

Three times the bastards have tried to destroy my community’s spirit. Twice they’ve failed. And they’ll fail a third.

10 Likes

“And these hard times again, in these streets of our city, but we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity.”

I visited Manchester as a child, one of my favorite uncles lived there. Your city is not one to cow down. Love to you and the people of Manchester.

May these thugs NEVER win. Thoughts are with you and your city, Harters.

1 Like

I read this poem as news coverage of this, what?–tragedy? insanity? barbarity?–played on the television and it brought tears to my eyes. So many young people at that concert; children who have never lived in a world free of terrorism. I’m in the US, but I don’t really have much of an appetite this evening either. It’s little solace, but know that people around the world are sending prayers and good thoughts to Manchester :sob:

1 Like

Know that Bostonians are there with Mancunians in spirit, @Harters. They won’t win. They can’t. We stand united worldwide, shoulder to shoulder. Our thoughts and hearts are with you all.

1 Like

Yes,and New Yorkers too!!!

2 Likes

Our thoughts are with Manchester in Virginia as well. A very sad day.

It’s the most gross thing . Turns my stomach . Why is the world so fucked up in so many ways . We are supposed to be smart . ???:rage: Don’t give in , go out to eat for us . Thank You .

Thoughts are with you, Harters and Manchester.