I don't even like pasta carbonara, but I think this is a stunningly stupid article from the New Yorker

Is this supposed to have anything to do with carbonara???

not responding to this

Baahaaaahaaaa! I can hear John Cleese sayinf every word…but I think I’ve eaten there…:laughing:

1 Like

I don’t usually go for The New Yorker but this is hysterical!

1 Like

I love the NYer, too. One of my favorite reads.

2 Likes

Since this thread has already left the building, I’ll add that (save for the caption contest) the cartoons in the April 25 issue are ALL about Trump, maybe because it’s the annual Entertainment issue. I’ll be saving it for posterity.

2 Likes

As usual, I’m a couple of months behind on my reading “schedule”. I suck at this :grimacing:

If this is similar to the technique in the link below, I agree. I wanted so much for this technique to work well. I used filtered water. Then I used spring water. I kept trying more expensive brands, thinking maybe their “glue” tasted better. The taste and mouthfeel is just wrong. My family will bring out pitchforks if I try to feed them my no-drain experiments again. Not even no-boil lasagna sheets are allowed. Although I have had some success with the method of using less water, starting the pasta in cold water, and stirring frequently (esp. for orecchiette).

I have no issues with no-boil lasagna – and to be honest, it’s the reason I make lasagna as much as I do, as I hate standing there dipping the noodles out, spreading them out to dry – just too much faffing around. I found it interesting that in France you can’t even buy “regular” lasagna that you have to boil – the no-boil stuff is all that’s available.

But this no-drain pasta? Nasty, nasty, nasty.

To me, the whole thing is a tempest in a pasta pot. I probably won’t make it that way, either. The original isn’t that much time or work.

2 Likes