I Can't Think of a Snappy Title ...*

I had this thread interrupt my sleep last night😁. I was making a twinkie casserole…went something like this…

Take a 9x13 glass pan, line the bottom with unwrapped pumpkin filled twinkies, top with thawed pumpkin flavored cool whip, sprinkle pumpkin pie spice on top, repeat. Chill and slice served with pumpkin pie lattes while sitting at a dining table lit by pumpkin pie candlelight.

Lordy!

3 Likes

What was for dinner beforehand? Something like this:

or this

1 Like

Lol, actually dinner was scotch rocks and a hamburger. But the brain hand other plans. Thankfully it was only a dream.

1 Like

I feel sort of ill now…

1 Like

http://www.solspirits.com/american-spirits-sol-seasonals-pumpkinspicewhiskey

Sorry :smile: Couldn’t resist

With a pumpkin beer chaser…ugh.

The unmistakable whiff of pumpkin spiced ground coffee hit me like a flying bat as I walked into the grocery store last night. The standee containing the Starbucks version was front and center…in ground, kcup and “special” holiday bag.

And so it begins…

2 Likes

A World Series baseball bat? or a Halloween bat from a cave? (both October bats…)

1 Like

Either way, the impact was felt.

2 Likes

I think my issue with Pumpkin Spice Everything is the “everything”: what about other fall-like seasoning blends? (Come to think of it, what’s the difference between pumpkin spices and apple spices?) This ubiquity annoys me.

My problem, immediate and visceral, with the Twinkies was the color of the filling as it appeared on the box - it looked like spam/canned meat - and my mind immediately translated that into a Twinkie/canned meat parts taste/texture sensation (no, phone, I really did mean sensation, not sedation) and that was not very pleasant.

I did actually, at one time, look forward to the arrival of Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice latte - it was a fun and unique taste.

Now? Not so much.

2 Likes

Well, your CAT is certainly not having it. I think cats invented that expression.

2 Likes