I accidentally did an E Brunswick hot food challenge

It happened at Halal Guys on Rt 18. OK. First of all, if you go, get the chicken platter with rice and salad with extra white sauce. I, and a few other Hos, can attest to the total MEH status of the beef/lamb mixture they call gyro. Not good.

So, I got the above mentioned (and almost as good as it used to be from the cart in NYC) chicken platter with extra white sauce and got a few packets of extra white and some hot sauce to bring home too. I was really hungry by the time I got home so I unthinkingly grabbed the packet of hot sauce, cut it open and poured the whole thing on top of my food. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! ( or do, but I take no responsibility).

That was some of the hottest stuff I’ve ever eaten and I will put a full packet of it against any and all other hot food challenges. There wasn’t enough bread in the house to dampen the fire after I ate all the pita that came with my food. I ended up eating a half of a frozen coconut milk ice cream bar from the freezer in one shot just to try to get some relief. Live and learn.

1 Like

It ain’t over yet.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Well being one of the Ho’s who commented on the “meh” quality of the beef gyro, I will chime in on this. I did order my gyro with hot sauce, assuming it’s the same behind the counter as the packets, after squeezing one line I requested a second. It was very spicy, but for me a good burn and not enough to take away from the “meh” overall quality.

I don’t know if I really care enough to go back and try the chicken platter, if I do I will ensure to heed your warning!