Hurrah for ABEETZ -Westchester

Just had some ridiculously good pizza from Abeetz mobile truck. They are 12" individual pies. I “had to” try one of their unconventional pies and since I didn’t feel that would be a fair way to judge them,I also got (my favorite) a pepperoni pie. The untraditional was pastrami,cheese,pickles and a mustard sauce - turns out it works very well, as the crust is a perfectly charred base. The pepperoni was also excellent, except,too much oil,but I guess that is the trade-off for well cooked (cupped) disks of pepperoni - just add napkins to correct. Also turns out the Lady on the truck went to high school with me,many years ago. www.abeetzny.com

2 Likes

Thanks, Rich! They are in my neck of the woods on Saturdays.

Definitely give them a try.No need to judge them differently as it is from a truck,it was some of the best I’ve had - and I’ve had ALOT. Now off to find my yearbook.

2 Likes

the pie names and combinations look incedibly appealing, can’t wait to try them out

1 Like

Sounds great - thanks for sharing! Looks like Westchester is building a small but mighty list of great food trucks! (Why should the city and Stamford have all the fun?!) :wink:

Well,may as well add a truck suggestion -
Teca’s tacos is usually down at (formerly called) city park in New Rochelle , on the Larchmont border. It is on 5th ave. The tacos are $2.50 each- two small shells,but well filled and LOADED with flavor. 2 tacos and a $1 can of coke makes for a full lunch. (One of the best deals around)

I’ve been following them on Instagram for a while. I missed them the day they were at the JV Mall near me a few months ago, but haven’t managed to catch up with them. I wish they were at the place in Bedford Hills earlier on Saturday so we could go for lunch as we do when the Doughnation truck does farmer’s markets.

1 Like

Hold out for a late lunch, don’t think you’d be disappointed - I’d even strongly recommend the pastrami, and that pains me, as i can’t really conceive of it as pizza, but it is GOOD.

1 Like

+1 for Teca’s Taco truck

and NOT the other truck at city park (except in a pinch).

The Parlor has been doing a pie with brisket from Revenge BBQ in Irvington. Not sure if it’s a regular thing but I’ve seen it on Instagram.

BTW how do their pie sizes compare to Doughnation’s? I’ve never measured theirs. And how much do they charge? I don’t think I’ve seen prices on the menus.

MisterBill-
the pies at Abeetz are 12". They may be considered an “individual” pie, but 1/2 a pie was more than enough for me. Their menu is on-line and (I think) were priced 11 to $13.

Yes, it is on line