Hungry Onion Needs a Roz!

I loved Max Headroom. I grinned when I first saw your avatar, @Lectroid .

And to @kaleokahu , no, we definitely don’t need an HO Roz! Those posts were sometimes beyond the pale and I believe someone was catfishing CH readers. LOL

3 Likes

The Roz posts were really, but after a while, they got repetitive and predictable. The writer was very inventive. There were common themes of Roz and her/their antics in each post. IIRC, one involved his or his girlfriend’s family Swedish meatballs recipe, which were also praised by everyone but Roz. “Roz” never posted; she/they were always referenced in the third person.

I never understood why Roz kept getting invited to the writer’s/host’s, parties, but I think there was an explanation for that that I do not recall.

4 Likes

Thank you, Dean.

1 Like

I do. Roz’ biographer consistently referred to her as “a smokeshow.” Eye-roll emoji goes here.

3 Likes

Absolutely, in a Phil Hendrie sort of way. The genius lies in the bits being just believable enough.

1 Like

Definitely catfishing, the writer of Roz. Got boring. Same story every time.

2 Likes

Swedish meatballs were believable the first time. Not so much the second. And never believable after tha.

IMO, there was always a reasonable doubt she was fictional.

1 Like

Do you have litery agent? You need to write a book along the lines of Anthony Bourdain et al.

No.

1 Like