Hudson Valley Restaurant Week Spring 2019 -- March 11 thru 24

(Bill) #1

It’s that time again. The list just went live here and some menus are posted. I said I wasn’t going to post here as well as the other site but the other one is also dead, so maybe this will get some activity.

The most interesting addition (for me) is Bona Bona Ice Cream in Port Chester. They only serve ice cream so I was confused about their addition. I asked them on FB and was told “3 courses dessert. Will release menu closer to restaurant week.” Certainly sounds interesting, although I can’t see myself spending $33 for a meal consisting only of desserts.

I had a nice meal at Winston in Mt. Kisco last time but sadly I don’t like their entree choices this time so I will pass. But if they work for you, I’d suggest trying them. We’ve always gone to Valley in Garrison but their menu last time didn’t wow me and the meal wasn’t as great as in the past. Maria in New Rochelle has a nice menu and I’ve read good stuff about them online so maybe we’ll go there.

One restaurant that is new to HVRW is Hudson Valley Steakhouse in Yorktown (terrible location across across from BJ’s on 202, behind an empty lot that is currently being used as a staging area for pipeline construction in the area). They are very expensive (they do not list prices on their website) so I’m curious to try them. I had a chance to go there for a free meal if I attended a presentation for cemetery plots, but never got around to RSVP’ing (I’m happy to go to the dinners from brokerage firms but this one was kind of strange). Their menu is posted on the HVRW site.

I’m also interested in seeing what Tauk in Armonk is offering. Sadly, Kitchen Sink in Beacon is apparently skipping HVRW again.

Please post your suggestions.

(Gwenn) #2

Hi Mr. Bill!! I used to work across the street from Tauk and was underwhelmed by what I saw. I,have never eaten there but the menu does not appeal to me and the space is tiny. Where the Cookery can get away with tiny space because of excellent food, it so much with Tauk. I e passed the steakhouse on my way to BJs. They’ve lasted about a year now, I think. I’d be interested to try.

Thanks for posting here!!!

(tracey) #3

I made a reservation at The Rare Bit…can’t wait to try it!

(Bill) #4

Yeah, I guess it’s a good time to try it. I’m not really excited by their menu and would need to see the RW menu before wanting to go. On the other hand, I know there is always lots of stuff to eat on The Cookery’s menu.