[Huế-Vietnam]- Craft beer recs needed.

I’m currently in Ho Chi Minh city and there are plenty of options. However I will be in Huế for my birthday and would like some decent beer. Not finding much . Any leads gratefully received. Bonus points if somewhere does a good porter.

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t have any leads for craft beer in Hue, but would like to send advance birthday greetings to you. :grinning:

1 Like

Like you, in Saigon, this summer we can find many craft beer. But Hué is less cosmopolitan, so I wonder too. We had been there on 2008, we didn’t see a lot of choice except local stuff, I’m sure now it’s getting better 10 years after. Maybe in doubt buy the beer in HCMC and head over to Hué. Happy birthday!!

1 Like

I have check Ratebeer’s listing for Hue but looks like it’s a beer wasteland there. Why don’t you get a bottle of imported wine instead? Not Vietnamese “wine”. I drank it in Phu Quoc on christmas together with a Scottish pensioner who lived on a houseboat in Nottingham. It was the most disgusting thing we ever drank!

It should get better in Hanoi, beer-wise. As does the weather (seasons are in reserve).

1 Like

@klyeoh and @naf. Thanks for your birthday wishes and a very happy Xmas and new year to you both.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’de assumed that wine would be available in Vietnam and I wil be in Hoi An for Xmas so will probably have some nice wine then. I’ll get my beer fix in Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi.