How do you like your martini?

That’s how they’re served at the Peekamoose in Big Indian, NY.

2 Likes

Totally understandable. M-F I teach high school, so I can’t really hit the bottle at lunch time either (although, there’s certainly days I would like to :crazy_face:).

1 Like

Breakfast would also be understandable.

1 Like

Being day drunk just does not light me up, but I wait for 6 pm like Pavlov’s dog. I try to cap it at two martinis.

3 Likes

I lose the whole rest of the day. It’s a bad idea for me.

5 Likes

Elizabeth brings up an interesting subject: adding bitters. Do any of you do this? I experimented a bit with adding a drop of Angostura bitter in a very very dry martini, but I don’t typically use any bitters.

Yup. A drop or two of orange bitter.

Generally, I skip the bitters, but for certain gins with low or no citrus or a very subtle but not juniper or citrus forward profile, bitters can be good. I tend to augment such gins with my choice of vermouth, however.

2 Likes

Same.

1 Like

That would be a Pink Gin, not a Martini :o) 3 drops of Angustura…

It’s a martini. With a drop of bitters.

Martini. Includes bitters.

Pink gin is made with Old Tom gin and no vermouth.

2 Likes

Nop, sorry! The “Pink Gin” is a traditional cocktail from the British navy… Just Gin and Angustura… https://www.thespruceeats.com/pink-gin-classic-cocktail-759332
A Martini should have Vermouth.

1 Like

Yes, obviously. If you read the previous posts you will see that @damiano asked whether we add bitters to our martinis.

I love caperberries in my martinis! I buy them on amazon
Beefeater + drop of vermouth + caperberry

Supremo Italiano Authentic Caperberries, 32 oz. https://a.co/d/dZiIdZZ

2 Likes

I can recommend Douglas Fir bitters in martinis.

4 Likes

Tried a single drop of angostura bitter in my martini yesterday, but I still prefer without any bitters. It’s not bad per se, but I just prefer the cleaner taste of just gin and vermouth.

3 Likes

I don’t think I would like angostura in my martini either, but a drop of orange bitters really rounds out the drank for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, you want to use orange bitters not Angostura (aromatic) bitters. The orange bitters bring out some of the floral and citrus flavors from the gin I believe.

Just had a 4:1 martini with a few dashes of (Angostura brand) orange bitters and an olive.

Cheers and happy holidays!

6 Likes

At The Federal, in Waltham, MA:

Filthy vodka martini. Tito’s, Stella blue cheese in the olives. There were two before I took this!

5 Likes