How Do You Keep Kittens/Cats Off Your Kichen Counters

I JUST saw a video last week showing a cat who did that and actually crossed its legs! LOL

1 Like

NEVER! What a cool cat- nice colorings too.

1 Like

Yeah, (s)he sits just like the one in the photo. Kind of odd and cute at the same time.

1 Like

meatn3, thank you! This has been a year of baby animals, what with sometimes caring for my daughter’s 2 Boston Terriors, one of whom is a puppy. Let me tell you there is a lot of dog within a fairly small package with the Boston’s. Love them dearly, but relieved when they go back to mama’s. Of course it’s interesting also with the 2 dogs & young cat. My arms and legs were torn up beyond belief! Found myself explaining what had happened to me! Anyway, things have settled down except with the puppy - he is still full of it! And your early words were true, I had simply forgotten the antics and energy of a kitten and puppy.

1 Like

Ah, he’s so cute! So hard to keep them out of stuff & really frustrating when you can’t get a pic of their silly contortions!

Thanks kobuta! Do you have a cat as well?

I hope it’s allowed to post (relevant) cat photos on this thread.
Sitting on table or counter is one thing but opening cupboard and fridge is quite something else. I’ve seen photos of cats got caught redhanded. The look on their faces is priceless you can’t be mad at them for long.

3 Likes

Can you teach them to close the d@m^ door behind them?

Wait -that’s YOUR cat in the picture?

Hey! That’s what my husband does with me!

1 Like

No, not mine but I wish it were.

1 Like

I have two. They used to love piercing on top of the cabinet or the fridge to watch me cook or clean when I lived in an apt, with a small galley kitchen. Now, they just snooze until it’s time to eat.

Sideways Boy, my post-stroke mini panther likes to sit in the bowl on my kitchen counter when he’s having a drooly, bad day.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing @seal - he’s a handsome dude. It’s funny cats find the strangest places to hang out! How old is he?

1 Like

He’s two and a half now and he has his own facebook page - also called Sideways Boy. His real-life stroke was the inspiration for my novel.

1 Like

Lol, he’s adorable. I would let him sit in any of my bowls on any day.

3 Likes

You wrote a novel? Sweet!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @seal. My daughter’s Boston Terrier had a premature stroke at the age of nine. I saw it happen, but despite emergency care (he was at the vet within 20 minutes) including an MRI, we lost him 2 days later. Sad.

Is your novel published?

1 Like

Lol. Always love to talk about myself. My novel, Sideways Boy, is available on kindle and paperback at amazon.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll put it on the next Amazon order. I have a novel about 1/2 done, but it definitely needs some editing and re-working.

2 Likes