How do you celebrate your birthday? Favourite restaurant, favourite foods? Takeout?

Online, yes. Good? I’m not so sure.

I had an aunt who was from Germany and was a fabulous baker. Unfortunately she is no is no longer with us and she didn’t pass that gene to her children :sob: :sob:

Ouch - sorry to hear that! But it’s a heck of a lot better for the liver than, say, acetaminophen/paracetamol. On an average basis, that is - obviously not in your case, though.

On the flip side, ibuprofen’s harder on the kidneys than acetaminophen.

But either is a rare thing for me, anyway. Just times when I over-do it.

There is a wonderful, authentic Italian restaurant that we have been going to for 25 years. Unfortunately, they closed for two year. But now I’m thrilled that they are open again 3 days a week. I can not wait to have their heavenly gnocchi for dinner on Saturday. I will not eat gnocchi anywhere else. Hopefully the chef’s wife will have baked some rum cake :wink:

3 Likes

Or kidneys. It shouldn’t be so freely “prescribed”. It comes back to bite you after years of use.

Nice resto. Both meals sound idyllic.

Last Sunday my wife turned 50, I mean 49. I wanted to surprise her and take her to one of her favorite places that has patio service on the Mississippi river in La Crosse, WI. Great food, all that. I get home to the counter filled with Chinese takeout boxes. Had Chinese that night. Had to live without the rack of lamb I was going to order.

1 Like

Maybe she was in the mood for Chinese?

You couldn’t take her to out some other night to celebrate her birthday with the rack of lamb you wanted?

1 Like

Extend her birthday to this weekend and enjoy the rack then. :slightly_smiling_face: Her birthday, she calls the shots on what she wants to do.

4 Likes

Especially with that milestone birthday!

1 Like

Just knocked another birthday out in late July. The older I get, the more times I celebrate it - 3 dinners so far, and one to go. Yay me! :birthday:

On the actual day, filet and a small lobster tail. 2nd b-day with DD2 and SIL, bbq at home, ribs and citrus chicken, an excellent charred corn, scallion and cotija salad. Thursday night, a casual dinner outside at a restaurant overlooking a golf course, but no pics. Good food, libations & company. Up next dinner at a favorite Thai place w/DD’s - date to be determined.

8 Likes

Forgot to post the b-day pie after the b-day bbq. A strawberry rhubarb pie H made, with rhubarb from the garden, and excellent vanilla ice cream - ‘‘twas tasty!

6 Likes

Do I see Cornelle?

Not sure if you mean Corelle plates? Pictured plates are Mikasa Bone China, and the pie plate is Pyrex. Old Pyrex to be specific, I don’t buy the new stuff.

1 Like

https://www.zingermanscommunity.com/2012/12/three-terrific-hungarian-tortes/