Houston Press Article Navigation Mexican

Reminder: please include [City, Neighborhood] in your post title above. If the topic is about a specific eatery, please click the ‘Add Location’ button to enter the address, so your topic shows up in the Topic Map.

Edit.

We’ve been to Merida many times, last time was cochinita pibil. Love the chips and both salsas, get extra onion and cilantro.

3 Likes

Back in the mid-70s, my folks favorite Navigation joint was also Merida. We went there a few times , but they greatly preferred Las Cazuelas on Fulton and we ate there more often.

Actually our go to was the real Ninfa’s on Navigation. My Mom discovered it through a client when there was only the front room. I started going when they made the raucous back room. The downtown lunch bunch discovered it. Three martini lunch, make it a three Ninfarita lunch back when they were destructive, pretty sure no work was done after that.

A buddy of mine and I would hit east end restaurants on weekend nights and our two mainstays were Los Molcajetes on Wayside and El Jardin for food and mariachis. It was Mexican-American families and two white guys.

I think we did Las Cazuelas twice and regret not going back for more.