Horse and/or Seal in Montreal/Quebec City

Hello, does anyone have recommendations for restaurants to try horse and/or seal in Montreal or Quebec City. I’ll be visiting those places soon and having never tried those, I’d like to if possible. Thanks!

An old list, but a place to start:

I thoroughly enjoyed a ’ Seal ’ dish starter at ’ Chez Boulay - Bistro Boreal, Quebec City '. Surprisingly not gamey or fishy!
The entree dish of Braised Beef cheeks, topped with a huge

slab of seared Quebec Foie Gras was also absolutely delicious!

1 Like

Thank you! I was planning to go to Chez Boulay. Good to know I can try seal there!

1 Like

Thank you! I saw this but as you mentioned, since it is pretty old, thought I’d see if there were more recent suggestions. I checked Maison Publique’s website and unfortunately, they do not seem to have it on their menu any more.

1 Like

I believe Caribou Gourmand on Boul. St Laurent in Mtl. does game, quite possibly seal.

1 Like

We ate there a year ago and I thought I remembered this as well. So, I took a look at their on line menu and they seem to have wild seal, but only as a small plate, and marked (as with several other game items) as depending on their ability to source it. I don’t think I had it, but remember the place as good, in a burger house sort of way. Informal, young staff, friendly, decent food at decent prices.

1 Like