Hoophouse Bakery, Bordentown

My friend Christine is the owner & chef at the Hoophouse Bakery on Farnesworth Ave in Bordentown. She’s just been nominated in a competition in Bon Appetit. She’s a great person & a terrific chef. Her food is fabulous. Anyway, the prize is $20,000 and that would sure help her out a lot. She just opened the HoopHouse last fall. So check out their site & vote for her. Better yet, stop in & eat something. Thanks.

6 Likes

Forgot to say thnks for the heads up. What a place! Bread lovers rejoice.

1 Like

It is such a cool space, I am totally jealous. And Christine is a terrific person.

1 Like

Stopped by Hoophouse as I was running an errand in the area. Had a really awesome lunch on a small outdoor 2 top. The Bahn Mi for me which was a really interesting take using a pork pate in place of a traditional piece of meat, and the Farmhouse for the wife, a crispy boneless chicken thigh, pickles, and garlic mustard aioli. All sandwiches are served with handcut fries. So much more to try on the menu.

I gotta say … Bordentown is worth more visits. I haven’t been to either Toscano (a board favorite) or Under the Moon Cafe (on my list for a long time). There were several other eateries in the small downtown, including a brewery. I will be returning to explore further.

3 Likes

We make the pickles & the mustard for the Farmhouse. They stock & sell our products there. & ismt that a terrific space?

3 Likes

@JoeBabbitt - John, would you please remind me. Do you have a location at the Englishtown Auction? If so, where do I find you?

By the way, I had a bite of the Farmhouse … delicious.

1 Like

We do still have a spot at Englishtown but we’re not open other than by appointment. If you want any of our products message me & we can sort it out.

1 Like