HOdown: Sichuan Cottage, Marlboro, 8/12 7pm

Come on over and HO DOWN at Sichuan Cottage with me and @MsBean! We will be attempting to eat as many weird things on the menu as possible. :smiley:

Sounds good. Mark and I (a.k.a. Mr. and Mrs. Name Tag, a.k.a. ā€œLetā€™s-order-the-tongue-and-tripeā€ people) plan on attending.

Weā€™re so excited and looking forward to meeting and eating.

Missy, Mr. Bean and The Sprout

So, is this a Chowdown or a HODown?

I just want to know how to dress.

1 Like

I would recommend showing as much skin as possible :wink:

Iā€™m in!

Hooray!

As much skin as possible, Really?

And yet again, Really?

Be careful what you wish forā€¦ White flab is only attractive in certain whales, Ishmael.

PS. Since this is Sichuan, may we respectfully suggest that we call this a Chu Down instead?

PPS. If it was Korean, could we call it a Cho Down ?

ChengDown!

Hey fellow HOs,

Unfortunately I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to make this HOdown, my father is in critical condition and I am in Korea now. But I get to eat all of my favorite Korean food Iā€™ve dreamed about for decades so thatā€™s a plusā€¦

Sorry to bail on my own eventā€¦ hope you guys have fun. :slight_smile:

So sorry to hear about your fatherā€“I hope he recovers soon.

I say we reschedule the Chu down when you get back.

In the meantime I may have to do a little research and recon on the venue and menu.

Good luck with your dad.

@joonjoon Iā€™ll echo the others and say Iā€™m sorry to hear thisā€¦ And I agree we should wait until youā€™re back to get together.

Sending good vibes and my hope that being there is the best thing you can do right now.

Aw manā€¦sorry to hear joon. My prayers go out to you. Stay well buddy! : )

Wishes and prayers for Joonā€™s father.

As a local for this place I was planning on stopping by just to say hello to all. Is anyone going?

Joon - I hope your dad is doing better. Our thoughts are with you.

Weā€™re happy to reschedule for another time if that is what works best. It wouldnā€™t be the same without Joon.

Missy

It sounds cancelled. Of course, the last time something sounded cancelled, people showed up anyway.

We are assuming this is cancelled is well.

Missy

Just as well. Iā€™m one of the original attendees, and I wonā€™t be able to make it, either.

I wasnā€™t monitoring this thread so my apologies for not posting sooner. Please know you, your father and family are in my prayers. Safe travels.