Hodown at Shirin Manalapan NJ 8/6

Mark suggests two reservations for six people each. (He has an M.S. in math from Stanford!)

1 Like

I’m not keen on doing a banquet, so Michael and I are out.

Now, of course, the number is below the banquet cut-off, so people will probably start saying they are interested.

I’ll make it a bit easier–Mark and I don’t plan on jumping back in.

After a lot of whining and pleading, we finally got a reservation. It seems there was a large party last night at Shirin and not a lot of room left. Well, we had a party of our own.
We all wore traditional Uzbeki garb.
Here’s a close up of just the food we had:
It was quite the feast.
We got into the spirit and @BossaNova played some music while @CurlzNJ danced.

Oh, and the conversation of the night was:
“My Dumbo won’t go all the way up.”
" They have pills for that."
Like Disney, it was a magical night.
See you at the next one.

3 Likes

But seriously, …

I’m assuming that there was no Shirin HO-Down to report on.

Oh no…there certainly was, and @seal has done a fine recap, imo! Possibly one of his best!

1 Like

Good job sir! The only thing better than the food was the company! Good seeing everyone and look forward to our next get together!

1 Like

You forgot the picture of our excellent server!

3 Likes

I especially liked the party favors. You need a good mouthwash after all those onions.

1 Like

KILLING ME. All of it!! :joy:

1 Like

That’s just mean…:skull_crossbones:

1 Like

Chipping in to say I was at Shirin for my birthday dinner last Sunday.
(My first pick was Mimino Restaurant in East Brunswick, a Georgian spot, but they were closed)

As a party of 5 we had:
A pitcher of compote to drink (fresh cranberry juice). It was a tad sweet, we were jealous of a nearby table that was cutting it with Grey Goose.

Uzbek bread - warm, fluffy, delicious
Bademjan - sauted eggplant with dill and tomatoes, we weren’t crazy about it.
Pumpkin samsa - everyone’s favorite appetizer of all.

Entrees:
Chicken wing kabab / Lamb Kabab - both very good, flavorful, served on swords with plenty of onions.
Plov - excellent
Manti - dumplings that take 45 min to prepare, but they’re well worth the wait. Delicious.

Dessert:
We sampled a kartoshka, a pecan cake slice, and the sochinskiy (honey cake). Our favorite was the honey cake by far.

4 Likes

Glad you enjoyed!! Happy belated birthday!

1 Like

Happy Birthday! (week/monthlong celebrations are permissible)

1 Like