HO MVP awards

And what, exactly, is faffing about?

To be pissed is to be drunk. To be pissed off is to be annoyed.

Use the chuffing internet to find out

(PS: this directory of British slang may help - http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/english-slang/f.htm)

3 Likes

Why would I want to faff about with the Internet when I have you? grin

It was a rhetorical question. Sorry I wasn’t more clear.

2 Likes

Ahha. Good to see you already had the nuance of faffing already sussed. :grinning:

3 Likes

Careful you two or I might put you into the BFF category. Harters that’s Best Friends Forever. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, THIS was a very nice surprise! I didn’t even see the thread until @Auspicious tagged me. Thanks, @Sasha! I’m totally good with cozy meals.

Now all I can think of is Sally Field’s Oscar acceptance speech:

But we’re all stars here on HO. It’s a very nice, comfortable food message board with helpful people, good food, good drink, good information. It’s a no BS site, which makes it #1 in my book.

10 Likes

Your meals always look comforting. And delicious. Almost across the board, something I know I would eat and feel better about my day. Plus the glass of wine. The amazon movie night. I can almost see myself sitting on the couch with you, just chilling. That’s the vibe. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I see a whole new thread - Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, Tubi - which is best for kitchen streaming?

How do I tag folks so they know to come accept their awards? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Put @ in the post, and start typing their name, and it should “pop” up or automatically populate, and you click on it. Like @Sasha.

2 Likes

Just type their HO names with an @ sign before it, no spaces, @Sasha. HO gives an auto fill suggestion after a few first letters.

2 Likes

@LindaWhit, does “fadiddle ; got your luck” work here?

Oh, wow! I just researched that, and apparently it’s not "a thing "! Apparently some people say jinx or padiddle. . So, there’s that.

2 Likes

I know the “Jinx, you owe me a Coke” that we used to say as kids. Now, of course, I’d trade that Coke in for a glass of wine. :wink:

2 Likes

The end of the school year put me in the mind of yearbooks and awards. MVP of this. Most likely to do that.
@ChristinaM @bogman @cookie @Saregama @mariacarmen @gcaggiano @paryzer @Barca @NotJrvedivici
Tagging you guys to this thread of awards. And encouraging everyone to give out other awards :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I am honored. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you very much. Very kind of you.

Have a wonderful afternoon.

well! i don’t know what to say… i want to thank the Academy, my parents, who never really cared much about food, and Ukemochi no Kami, the Goddess of Food. :smiley:

seriously, thanks! don’t know why i was singled out for this, there are soooo many wonderful contributors and amazing cooks in our midst! but thank you.

and i DO LOVE being in the same category as @gcaggiano!

7 Likes

Many Thanks! You’re too kind!

1 Like

You’ll run out of categories for @klyeoh.

4 Likes

I wanted to nominate him for the category “Most knowledgeable about Asian cuisines”!

3 Likes