HO Dinners for February and March.

We will likely be in NYC both those weekends. Cant do Sunday brunch and prefer sit downs over food crawls. Good Thai sounds particularly great.

Can you explain the specialness of Hamido?

Impeccably fresh seafood, simple cooking, warm service. Like eating in a seafood market grill in [Italy, Greece, Alexandria etc]. Plus it is BYOB with plastic tumblers for the wine.

Sounds very pleasant im all for it checking it out. I just wondered because the menu looked sort of generic - are there Alexandrine specialties?

The charm is fresh fish and seafood on ice cooked simply: think grilled w/oil and herbs, fried, sauteed. The veggie sides have a greek/egyptian tinge.

I would love to join for MX or Hug Essan though I’m concerned you and Kay can tolerate a lot more heat at the latter.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Greece/ Italy- Seafood markets

Not your imagination. But if you think of Ming Xing’s standard table as a booth for six (a very cozy booth for six), then the banquette and its facing seating (a bench? individual chairs? I couldn’t get close enough to be sure) resembles two booths butted end-to-end, with little room to maneuver. Granted, I looked in during a Christmas Sunday afternoon when many restaurants in Flushing’s Chinatown were crowded.

I would be interested. I should be in town unless I am traveling for work.

We’re out for the Feb dates but should be around for the March ones. So, please arrange to go to places we wouldn’t like in Feb and save the good ones for March, okay? Happy New Year.

Dinner Saturday 2/11 is fine with me. And I’m fine with wherever, as long as it’s not THAT far from me (on the LES) or at BBQ Barney’s House o’ Meat, 'cause I wouldn’t find enough to eat there.

We are looking at brunch/lunch on 2/12. Thinking Ming Xing BBQ.

2/11 dinner works too. WE HAVE A MATINEE SO 6.3Pm or so works.

I’ve had my eye on this place, if it’s of interest.

2 Likes

If you can get a reservation there I would be interested. I have not been able to get a reservation there at a day/time I would/can/want to eat dinner. Its a hot ticket.

Looks like the reservations go live 3 weeks in advance, so I’ll try. If everyone is up for it.

1 Like

We are up for the 11th and Laser Wolf. the veg dishes look great. I thought the NYT review was a little disappointing though https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/27/dining/restaurant-review-laser-wolf-brooklyn.html. hope we can get a table where we can hear each other

1 Like

If you are asking Yahweh to get us a table where we can hear each other at a hipster spot in Brooklyn, you can have Middle East peace Saturday, 8pm, in the quiet.

1 Like

We are in. I think I am going to post Xing Ming separately.

1 Like

Unsure about Laser Wolf, if a reservation is indeed possible, but Ming Xing sounds good for Super Bowl Sunday brunch/lunch. I’ll watch for that post.

if there are two seperate dinners, I’d prefer to wing ming xing with some potential for pre-xing dumplings. There’s no doubt my wife would prefer laser wolf but luckily she’s not an HO member :grinning:

1 Like

I’m up for that as well!