HO Dinner @Indian Table, 2/2/24, Cobble Hill, Brooklyn

actually, jen mentioned the cutlet was delicately spiced, I kept coming back to the fish curry which probably blasted my palate. Anyhow, don’t get me wrong, I liked the cutlets!

Oh yeah, I liked it too, and also thought of schnitzel / milanese.

(But I was actually expecting an Indian cutlet, which is a spiced ground beef patty.)

If anyone liked the wine we brought and wants to purchase, it was a domaine pepiere “clos de briords” muscadet. Muscadet is widely known as the oyster wine but at the dawn of what has become known as the natural wine movement, a number of us, prompted by joe dressner discovered that good muscadet is versatile, ages well and is well-priced. Pepiere is a great producer, you should be able to find the wine for ~$20. The wine has a touch of sweetness which we think pairs well with spicy asian fare.

best,

1 Like

thanks for bringing and the info. It was a very good muscadet and yes nice with the spicy food.

I knew I should’ve tried some!

Thanks! It was very good!

The Portuguese influence carries over in things like vindaloo and peoples names. A friend of mine’s father came from Goa with a very Portuguese Goan last name de Souza.

1 Like