Hibachi at home.................(NJ)

This was something I recently learned about and used for my daughter’s birthday. I was quite skeptical when she told me about it, but I will be the first to admit it was much better than I anticipated. Good food, good show, plenty of sake and a lot of fun. Only caveat is they will only set up outside, for obvious reasons using a portable propane gas grill.

Link provided below as well as some pics from my daughter’s party for some perspective.

Hibachi 2 U

17 Likes

What a fantastic business idea.

3 Likes

How cool!

2 Likes

“Come to you” party foods are big. Our son had a guy with a portable pizza oven at one of the kid’s birthdays, our next door neighbors had an ice cream truck park in front for an hour and others have brought in a taco truck.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! (Also, @NotJrvedivici is a cool dad.)

7 Likes

And some folks in NNJ are raving about Wonder Truck… (seriously).
I could see @gcaggiano franchising one!

2 Likes

I would be thrilled to have a Wonder Truck near me. One of the reasons I don’t like take-out (and don’t do it often) is that a lot of hot food does not travel well. By the time you get it home, it needs to be reheated and, therefore, it never tastes as good as when eaten at the restaurant. Obviously, Wonder Truck solves that problem. Frankly, even if the cost is high, I’d be more than happy to pay.

I never use delivery services like Grubhub, etc. When we’re in NYC, the only place we get delivery from is Sarge’s because they have their own delivery guys, whom we tip, and pastrami reheats perfectly.)

3 Likes

I think I’d kinda love to do something like this for fun.

3 Likes