Hey - We Made The Papers....

Now that’s interesting John. On this side of the Atlantic there is a thing called Piccalilly but it’s a sort of relish made from green tomatoes, green peppers & cabbage. I find it sort of disgusting so we don’t make it. The recipe you linked looks good. I’m going to try it - thank fo4r the tip. AT one of the markets we sell at we have a few customers from the UK. We make pickled onions for them (they asked a bunch of times) which I am quite fond of. However, I learned (after the first batch) that the Brits & the Scots like their onions pickled in Malt Vinegar which is how we make them now.

Another international thing we make is Pikliz which originates in Haiti. A friend of mine is Haitian & he asked for it - even got me his mom’s recipe. Now we sell it in two versions. The original Pikliz is HOT - like blisters hot because it’s full of Habaneros. So now we make that and a not hot version which has also become a good seller for us.

Don’t know if this would work for you but:
A place in my area offers a seasonal box subscription. A box every 3 months with 4 different seasonal items. Gives the producer latitude and allows the customer to try a variety of items.

Absolutely. I do a batch most years - just done 3kg, a couple of weeks ago. They’ll be ready for Christmas. I brine them for 24 hours then use a spiced malt vinegar (actually bought ready spiced this year). A good pinch of spice also goes into each Kilner jar.

That’s the only actual pickling I do. But I do make a number of chutneys (the tomato, lime & chilli one is pretty good on a chicken sandwich)