Help with February Barcelona food choices

I remember your suggestion and will definitely try El Xampanyet earliest. We totally enjoyed Barcelona, and even got to “participate” in the pro-Catalan RIOTS!@!!! Ironically, we had rerouted from Hong Kong to avoid their Umbrella Protests. Meant to be.

I was shouting FREE HONG KONG, but my lone voice was lost in the din. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not exactly sure where you are coming from, your daughter’s approximate age, but FWIW, you will be pretty close to Milk Bar from your hotel, so if you want decent breakfast/brunch, I’d take a look at that. Or, not open till midday, but right opposite El Xampanyet (both just down the street from the Picasso Museum) is Tapeo. It’s a bit calmer than El Xampanyet (read: you can sit down and have some snacks or a meal). Mostly, you shouldn’t need to book there, and they do a couple of different “broken egg” dishes there, if you are hankering for breakfast kinds of options.

Not sure you have anything on your list down by the beach…Not sure of weather in February, but in late December, I was comfortable in a t-shirt and light jacket eating outside. But beware of bad food and tourist traps in that area.

Thanks for the response. To answer those questions—-coming from DC metro, adult daughter, breakfast included where we are staying. If weather is pleasant, we’ll head down to waterfront and may or may not eat there.
For now, booked lunch at Caelis and Compartir then will take a lot of the tapas suggestions and roam around. Appreciate all the help!

1 Like

Head for the beach area at Barceloneta. Lots of casual seafood places there - nice, simple preparations of spankingly fresh seafood that just shouts “SPAIN” at me.

2 Likes