HEB BBQ @ Bunker Hill Location [HOUSTON]

The Bunker Hill @ I-10 location of HEB is now one of 4 stores in the state selling BBQ by the plate and pound. Will the first to try it please report back here? HEB rarely messes up.

https://www.heb.com/static-page/true-texas-bbq

I had a free sample. I found the brisket to be pretty good, wasn’t wild about the rib. The wifeacita liked the rib, probably got a better chunk.

I think a brisket sandwich would be quite serviceable for lunch if you worked in the area. It’s not destination BBQ and has to be done by gas.

Well I stopped by HEB on the way home yesterday and picked up some brisket, links and ribs. They also have pulled pork, chicken and turkey. I’m not the BBQ connoisseur some of you are, but here goes. The brisket comes from fatty or lean end and I got the fatty end - “moist” is a nicer word on the menu. And it was REALLY “moist.” But very good, with a nice smoke flavor and bark. The rib lover in the house loved the St. Louis style rib. The beef and pork links were my least favorite, but still good. There are two vats of BBQ sauce on the condiments table of the adjacent deli and you can fill little cups to go. I really didn’t see much difference between them and neither were flavorful, really bland. Get your own favorite BBQ sauce. They also have 6 or 8 Texas beers on tap with two sizes of growlers. Even though I was the only one in line, they gave me a beeper/buzzer device explaining it will take 8-10 mins to gather together. !/2 lb of brisket and ribs and 3 sausages came with copious quantities of white bread and a tiny bit of pickles and onions.

Definitely a place to pick up dinner again.

They sent a bunch of coupons to our work, buy one get one free. I picked up two half pound sandwiches, each half lean, half moist. While not City Market, it was quite good. A few of the slices had a nice peppery bark. There was a dab of tangy sauce.

The only problem the worker girl was quite confused by the coupon. It took a good five minutes and a reinforcement to order.

I’ve got a boat load of coupons and shall return.

1 Like

I haven’t been back since this post! I hope all the coupon love does not mean the inside store feature is struggling. It’s nice to have there. I’ll head there soon for more also.

1 Like

It’s not unusual for us to receive a bunch of coupons from close by food places so maybe they’re doing okay. Olive Garden will occasionally drop off samples of their mediocre salad and breadsticks and Jimmy John’s will dump some dismal sandwich samples. Negative reviews just my opinion.

Got a couple of more sandwiches after the Wifeacita’s foray to OUR HEB. Not bad at all considering the lack of decent BBQ in this neck of the woods.

I’m looking right at you Goode( below average ) Company.

1 Like

They’d had whole redfish for $9.99 When I was there last week.

1 Like

After I burn out of work tomorrow it’s off to MY HEB for a mess of 10-15 count Gulf shrimp @9.97. They will be fried.

I’ll ask my buddy John the General Manager how the [quote=“Lambowner, post:5, topic:2071, full:true”]

I haven’t been back since this post! I hope all the coupon love does not mean the inside store feature is struggling. It’s nice to have there. I’ll head there soon for more also.
[/quote]

There was a system failure on my last post so here goes again. I’ll ask my buddy John the General Manager how the BBQ operation is doing. Maybe I’ll get an honest answer since I plan to sue MY HEB, John, and the goofy guy Scott from the commercials.

I sustained a minor cut at the counter of the BBQ place. There was a little bleeding.

Lambsy, do you know any lawyers?

We’ve had the turkey the last two times. It’s moist and tasty and will be a go to meal.

1 Like

:smile:

1 Like

The turkey has turned into a Sunday lunch ritual. It is a very consistent product and I forgot to ad the skin has a nice spicy kick.

1 Like

Well that didn’t last. Construction underway on a new thing.

I’m going to miss the BBQ. The brisket was decent but I really liked the turkey.

1 Like

A big store opens this week in Huntsville with a BBQ kiosk. I guess they moved it up there.

1 Like

It hurts.