Hearty Mixed Grill at The Quarry, Tuckahoe...

Shared a late afternoon meal with a friend in the bar/lounge at The Quarry in Tuckahoe. We started with and order of plump shrimp cocktail served on a plate with greens and cocktail sauce, then followed with their special Mixed Grill: sirloin steak, lamb chops, skirt steak & kielbasa sausage. Got an order of fresh broccoli rabe on the side too, along with some good bread. The platter of meats were all tender and very tasty…

I have to say that shrimp cocktail served on greens does not appeal at all. The restaurant sounds a bit dated.

1 Like

Ran into a couple of friends at The Quarry yesterday. They ordered two versions of Spiedini alla Romana, an old favorite of mine, and offered to share. One had the classic anchovy sauce, the other a marinara sauce. I must admit, it made for a decadent afternoon snack. Enjoyed both…

Lobster Rolls are back at The Quarry. Saw a patron having one at the bar. Pound and a quarter lobster meat on a roll (they will toast it if you like), corn on the cob and house made potato chips. Old Bay, mayo, and of course melted butter are available. According to Dom, the owner, they are selling for $22 right now. Recently got back, and that’s competitive to Maine prices. Will be indulging very soon…

1 Like