Hawi - Ethiopian in Ithaca

I can not speak for the authenticity, but this was the best meal I’ve had in a restaurant in a very long time.
Seven different dishes, all served on one plate of injera and I can not explain how good it was. I’m not a beets fan, nor was my dining partner. Devoured them. She was not a collard greens fan. One of her favorites. One dish tasted like beef…it was red lentils. A cabbage dish that was to die for and four others. For two was $40 with an appetizer.

The pic is the restaurants veggie combo plater
[http://www.hawiithaca.com/dinner-menu.html

2 Likes

There is definitely something to Ethiopian food that makes vegetables extra appealing! Thanks for posting!

Nice to hear you had a good time! Cool pic too.

I’m on the carnivorous side of the spectrum. Do you have any clue what a dinner for two would run with meat? There is a local place near me so I am just curious how things compare.

I believe the meat combo is only a $1-2 more per serving, but the combo has 5 options, 2 meat & 3 veg. There’s another combo that may have three types of meat. Not sure. I have to say, $32 for the veggie combo was way too much food for 2 people. I believe it’s another $6 for a 3rd to share (I assume for an order of injera).