Hatch 44, Metuchen, NJ

We don’t seem to have a lot of recommendations in this area. I met a friend for brunch here yesterday and it was really delicious, fresh and nice service. I got one of their summer specials which was a tostone sandwich with pulled pork, melted Swiss, fried eggs and pickled red onions. $14 or so. My friend got over easy eggs on avocado toast. Both came with a side of cucumber, tomato and mozzarella salad. Total with drinks was less than $40 with tip.

Breakfast and lunch only. BYOB. Table next to us brought a bottle of prosecco which we definitely will do next time!

2 Likes

The good ole Durham Cafe! While I have not been to Hatch that location was previously home to two other very successful Metuchen restaurants, Lola’s Latin Cuisine and after that Civilies! I have never been to Hatch but it has developed an excellent reputation with the locals.

(fun fact: it used to be a blue collar “working man’s” bar. So much so they wouldn’t serve women! I grew up not far from there and up until it was sold sometime in the mid 80’s it was a men’s only bar!)

3 Likes

You are a wealth of trivia! How cool! The space was bright, clean and little quirky. Outside seating too for about 5 tables.

1 Like