Has Trader Joe's finally jumped the Shark?

Wow. I take everything back. I may need to get some LuLu Lemons in size extra big hairy Viking.

Donā€™t forget the pumpkin spiced herbal cigarette.

I get mine for the glaucoma, strictly medicinal.

Maybe @DoobieWah has some thoughts here.

2 Likes

Your Trader Joeā€™s is way better than mine!

2 Likes

After the spliffie you may feel a sudden urge for pumpkin munchies from TJā€™s.

Try to resist this impulse as it may start the whole nasty cycle all over againā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, I bit into it on the way out and it was flavorless. So I thought letā€™s see if their service is really as great as the Internet people say, and I went right back in. They didnā€™t even blink and gave me my 80 cents back.

4 Likes

Ummmā€¦ so ā€¦
i hate to be the one to break it to you but this is actually an annual occurrenceā€¦

the variety of products has certainly grown in recent years but itā€™s been going on for a while now.
And also not exclusive to trader joeā€™s, the (god forsaken) pumpkin spice latte is now found not only at starbucks but also every other coffee shop as they make their own versions. (I actively dislike those types of coffee drinks)
And thereā€™s plenty of pumpkin pie spiced stuff at other grocery stores too- i actually laughed at a display at whole foods with $9 paleo pumpkin spice granola and pumpkin spice almond milk and gluten free vegan organic pumpkin pie spiced cookiesā€¦

3 Likes

Oohmygodthatsoundsfekkingawful !

Thatā€™s really a kind of cookie???

Could be the single worst food product in the history of mankind.

And that includes thisā€¦

3 Likes

I havenā€™t been to trader Joeā€™s in years. I wrote them off back in the day. Maybe I should try it again.

I do like some pumpkin beers and Iā€™m not a ā€œsweetsā€ guy, but a good slice of pumpkin pie is good once or twice a year for me.

I can see trader Joeā€™s going balls out on the fall pumpkin trend though. It doesnā€™t surprise me.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget to wear your LuLu Lemons!

:roll_eyes:

Not stereotypical at all.

1 Like

imagehttps://external-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=AQDaX_9sRtkewd14&w=487&h=365&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.fashionbeans.com%2Fimage%2Fupload%2Fc_fill%2Cf_jpg%2Cg_face%3Acenter%2Cq_auto%2Cw_800%2Fv1484170028%2Fbso7e8dsknmsepsnvu2e.jpg&_nc_hash=AQBjEWAuCtTbzPWC

13 Likes

That is fecking hillarious!

Where is that, Florida?

1 Like

I havenā€™t the faintest, it popped up on Facebook. But it cracked me up anyway.

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna get some candids for you from my local TJā€™s.

Namaste !

If TJā€™s is relatively new in your state, then there are lots of people who wonā€™t and donā€™t get it. I was introduced to the cult in 1990 in CA during college. We bought cheap wine and food there, I was hooked as were my friends. Most CA people love or like TJā€™s. I have not met one CA soul that dislike it. However, in my new state of CO, there are plenty of people who donā€™t get it. I bought a grocery full of TJ food for a friend. She LOVED it. Next time I go over to her house, she said: ā€œhey, I bought all the food you like!ā€. Turns out she went to the big box store and bought all items similar to TJā€™s and spent 2x the amount. I tried explaining the magic of the stuff at TJā€™s and she didnā€™t get it

3 Likes

Our first TJs visit was in 1984 in Los Angeles. The TJs closest to our home in NJ opened maybe 5 yrs ago is a completely diff. TJs.

Hippie to Yuppieā€¦we all grow up eventuallyšŸ˜¬

2 Likes