Has anyone read the Swedish food magazine Fool?

I came across a mention of the Fool magazine while I was looking up Hisato Nakahigashi and his food. It looks like it hasn’t been published recently but old issues are available for sale online from Sweden. One of the issues talks about Sean Brock, David Thompson, etc.

I am interesting in reading but shipping from Sweden isn’t exactly cheap.
Has anyone read the magazine? If so, how did you like it?

Are they still alive?

I haven’t read it.

Check their reseller list to see where you can (probably) get it in the US. Scroll directly to bottom, on right is listing for US resellers.

Good luck.

I’m going to my local foodie bookstore this weekend for my magazine Fou de Cuisine. I will ask and let you know.

It’s not a big deal in Sweden, and the magazine isn’t written in Swedish. None of my relatives have heard of it and they all thought the name was a riot.

The magazine does have a website here:

www.fool.se

Apparently the have been around since 2012 and have only published six issues, which is about one and a half a year. According to the website, they are still publishing, out of Malmö.

Back issues, to the extent these are available are on the website for either 99skr ($12) or 129skr ($16) plus shipping and handling from Sweden.

Seems to me it’s like a friends & family limited edition kind of thing. If you want it, you’ll probably have to contact them.

Btw, it looks like the kind of thing that could easily end up on Antiques Roadshow in 30 years.

Thanks all. I will drop by some of the local shops to see if they have them. They definitely seem to go the high end route. Selling at Willows Inn on Lummi Island doesn’t seem drive a lot of sale…