Has anyone been Montesacro Pinseria - Enoteca ?

On Stevenson St . The menu looks real interesting .Roman style pizzas , cheeses , … I might head up to the city this weekend or next . Going for lunch .Thanks

Their pinsas are a relative of pizza, oblong, lots of good charred spots, and the dough contains a contains a mix of soy, rice, and wheat flour. The stuffed one with mortadella was nice, but I most enjoyed the Montesacro, which is topped with burrata, chilies, Tuscan kale, and a fish sauce (garum). The flavor formed by the fusion of the cheese to the bread was like a milkier New York style white pizza, and with lots of nooks and crannies for the cheese to hide in. The kale was a distraction, and better eaten on the side. Good flavorful crust all around.

Thanks a bunch hyper . Great pics . I am going to stop in for lunch.

I ordered in from Caviar the other day. Had their blood orange salad, which was very good; the Maranella pinsa with spicy pork sausage, broccolini, and burrata, which I thought was just decent; probably much better in-house. I also had their wine biscottis (thin crunchy pretzel shaped cookies) for desert, which would’ve been great with a shot of espresso.

1 Like

@Oliverb I ate there and I thought the pies (or as they call them, pinsas) were decent, but didn’t stand out amongst the better pizza options around. I had the same Maranella as you, plus the Pietralata. The dough/ crust were airier than usual pizza does because of the rice flour. The dough and the cheese were both bland, with the vast majority of the flavor supplied in the pork sausage on the Maranella and the guanciale on the Pietralata. So dependent on how much meat each bite had, its either bland or very savory/ salty.

The maranella:

The Pietralata:

I thought the porchetta was better than the pies. It was very thinly sliced, so it was finished in a hurry. A little expensive for a few slices.

1 Like