Happy New Year!!

Just want to wish all of my fellow HOs a happy, healthy, and YUMMY 2019! Thanks for keeping some fun alive on the Internet. :grin:

12 Likes

Happy New Year, everyone!

Anyone got anything good going on tonight? We’re just staying in with some snacks and drinks, and the Twilight Zone marathon later on. :smiley:

3 Likes

Nothing going on here. May walk down to Langosta tonight at 10, assuming I am still up. Lol

Been prepping all day for our NY day party
Beef ribs
Deer roast wrapped in bacon going in the smoker bright and early
Chili
Cabbage and pig tails
Buffalo chicken dip

Got the bar set up, may have a drink shortly which will mean going out tonight probably won’t happen

Happy new year!

8 Likes

Happy New Year’s to all and to all a good night.

1 Like

Happy new year everyone HO !!! :star_struck:

1 Like

…and let’s be safe out there.

:vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Happy new year folks!

1 Like

When I lived in NNJ, that generally meant a house party (mine or a friend’s) or a quiet night with 1-2 friends. Now that I live here, I’ve got an annual tradition of going to see my favorite band (Remember Jones) play at the Asbury Hotel. Looking forward to hearing that horn section and watching some crazy talented musicians! Tomorrow I’ll go watch the Sons of Ireland Polar Bear Plunge (temps in the high 50s)…also always a good time.

+1 on the let’s be safe out there, folks…

4 Likes

Just us two staying in tonight. Black eyed peas with smoked sausage simmering away to go with jalapeño cheddar cheese cornbread. Besides being delicious it’s a tradition. Have to eat BEP for good luck in the upcoming year. Kind of a superstition if you don’t.:blush:

Fireworks started going off in the neighborhood well before dark. They like to get going early around here. And it will go way into the night.

Happy and safe New Year everyone!

5 Likes

We’re staying in with the Spanish cheese selection from Costco, Martinelli’s sparkling cider, and CARNIVAL OF SOULS. Oh, and chips with onion dip, and M&Ms, because those are family traditions.

4 Likes

Happy New Year, everyone!

2 Likes

A Texas thing, right?

My Wish for all of You Awesome HO’s in 2019

May peace break into your homes and may thieves come to steal your debt.
May the pockets of your pants become a magnet for $100 bills.
May love stick to your face like honey and laughter assault your lips.
May happiness smack you across the face and may your tears that of joy.
May the problems you have had forget your home address.
May every meal be full of great taste and shared with good friends.
In other words may 2019 be the best year of your life.

Happy New Year to to all of you for the education, encouragement, and comradeship in this ride of life.

10 Likes

A Southern thing! BEP’s , greens with pot liker, cornbread and for most people some sort of pork.

1 Like

We put copious amounts of bacon in our black eyed peas, and with the Wifeacita being Hispanic she calls them beans. She also calls what I think of as a potato masher a bean masher. She’s a wonderful girl.

Yes, we live in Texas.

1 Like

Ah, we put a little country ham in them.

Happy new year!

2 Likes

The same!

I used to put lots of chopped bacon in my plain BEP to make them meatier. But when I add smoked sausage I just use bacon grease.

My wife and I spent our 7th consecutive NYE quietly celebrating at the bar at Piccola Italia. We love Brian’s food and that bar is simply a gem.

Good eating to all in 2019.

4 Likes

We spent our second NYE in a row at Drew’s…I guess it’s now a tradition. Carolina pulled pork osso buco…fantastic. Today some leftover pork and some BEPs, perhaps a prime ribeye steak from a Shop Rite of Shrewsbury, $12.99 a pound. Monmouth County babeeeeeeee!

4 Likes